PDA

View Full Version : critique my steps

sumair
03-22-2013, 11:07 PM
Hey guys,

as some of you already know..im new to all of this lol. but ive been reading and trying to learn everything that i can.

anways, ive kinda have an idea the steps i want to take and the products i wanna use.

1. Im gonna polish truck with m205.

2. Then thinking of applying a glaze (i have wg 2.0) should i opt for ez creme or black light?

3. i was gonna apply Collinite 845 (should i be applying a sealant? if so which is best?)

4. topping the collinite with Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax or nattys blue.

5. im thinking of putting another coat of the wg 2.0 to get more gloss and shine.

Im all ears. Are the products im using good? steps?

AutowerxDetailing
03-22-2013, 11:20 PM
1. M205 is a finishing polish. As long as you are not removing severe defects this should work well for shining up the paint.

2. I have yet to use a glaze (after paint correction) that I can tell a difference if it is even there or not. This is just my personal preference... I would skip the glaze. The glaze would also diminish the durability of your LSP.

3. 845 is basically a wax that acts like a sealant. Or is it a sealant that acts like a wax? Either way it's awesome stuff and you can get 6 months+ durability in my testing.

4. I have no experience with the waxes you mention. You can top 845 with whatever you want. I would recommend doing a test panel with your layered LSP to make sure you like the look or to see if you can even tell a difference.

5. Glaze goes below any LSP.

Happy detailing! :dblthumb2: