PDA

View Full Version : Some Vandal Poured 7-UP/Sprite overnight leaving residue!!

Pages : [1] 2

TroyM
03-22-2013, 06:32 PM
After weeks of learning how to correctly detail and ordering the right products after research...

I wake up today to find that after detailing my car, some inconsiderate vandal decided to pour 7-UP/Sprite all over my car leaving sticky residue...

I tried a couple of products, none worked good enough to remove the sticky residue. I then gave Chemical Guys Speed Detail and Wax (pink color) and let it sit for 30 seconds, worked like a miracle!

Have you ever had that experience?!

Sicoupe
03-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Sorry to hear that. I would love to catch them in the act! It would be very nasty for them.

TroyM
03-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Sorry to hear that. I would love to catch them in the act! It would be very nasty for them.

I wish I could get my hands on them. I installed security camera around the car to make sure it never happens again.

Lim3
03-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Sorry for that man.
Some people are just plain stupid.

I haven't had anything like that occur.
I did however park in a store lot to have the lottery associate (person that refills the lottery) park so close her "plump" self couldn't fit, causing her to dent my fender.

She said the paint transfer was a tree.
Cop didn't do anything about it.

Chris's FX4
03-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Closest I've come is someone taking window paint and drawing inappropriate parts of the human anatomy, as well as writing the words on my windows. Then someone taking their milkshake cup and sticking it on my antenna through the straw hole in the lid, cup wasn't empty. Finally, more inappropriate pictures stenciled into my dirty paint by someones fingers.

People suck...

Sorry to hear that.

TroyM
03-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Sorry for that man.
Some people are just plain stupid.

I haven't had anything like that occur.
I did however park in a store lot to have the lottery associate (person that refills the lottery) park so close her "plump" self couldn't fit, causing her to dent my fender.

She said the paint transfer was a tree.
Cop didn't do anything about it.

Closest I've come is someone taking window paint and drawing inappropriate parts of the human anatomy, as well as writing the words on my windows. Then someone taking their milkshake cup and sticking it on my antenna through the straw hole in the lid, cup wasn't empty. Finally, more inappropriate pictures stenciled into my dirty paint by someones fingers.

People suck...

Sorry to hear that.

Thanks for the comments. It's like some people have 0 respect for other's property, especially cars. Any idea what one could do to avoid being a target? Lol I guess the shine attracts bad attention :(

Rayaz
03-22-2013, 07:27 PM
It is a sign of our degrading society. If you have a decent car that you obviously care about, it attracts buttholes who resent what you have. Don't EVER take up more than two spaces to avoid door dings, parking diagonally makes criminal damage a sure thing.

You have my sympathy....

03-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the comments. It's like some people have 0 respect for other's property, especially cars. Any idea what one could do to avoid being a target? Lol I guess the shine attracts bad attention :(

Haters gonna hate. Some people are just jealous of what they don't have. 16586

TroyM
03-22-2013, 07:52 PM
It is a sign of our degrading society. If you have a decent car that you obviously care about, it attracts buttholes who resent what you have. Don't EVER take up more than two spaces to avoid door dings, parking diagonally makes criminal damage a sure thing.

You have my sympathy....

Haters gonna hate. Some people are just jealous of what they don't have. 16586

Thanks all. Rayaz I just try to park at the end of a parking lot... it helps by avoiding door dings and such, my last car got a lot of those :props:

hoyt66
03-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Sorry to all. It's the same stupidity that makes ppl think its funny to step on your new white tennis shoes!

TroyM
03-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Sorry to all. It's the same stupidity that makes ppl think its funny to step on your new white tennis shoes!

Hahhaha I must agree that's quite annoying, but still funny :)

oldmodman
03-22-2013, 08:08 PM
It should come off with plain old water.

It's just a sugar based liquid with some carbonic acid (very mild) in it.

Unless a puddle of it formed somewhere it should be easily dissolved by water. No soap needed.

vegas911gts
03-22-2013, 08:09 PM
You don't have a garage to park it in overnight?

TroyM
03-22-2013, 08:14 PM
I tried water but it was too sticky to come off. Might have been poured something else as well, it left residue marks and little puddles here and there.

My garage is occupied with a friend's 1965 230 sl, stunning work of art if you ask me.

cardaddy
03-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Funny you mention that. (Not funny about your car, just the soda part). When I was a kid and we'd go on road trips during vacations, driving in the rain the windshield would get gunked up with bugs, road oil and such. My Dad would stop and get a Coke... the proceed to pour it all over the windshield to cut through (the crap). I was always amazed when he did it, yet the wipers would always start working better in an instant. :rolleyes:

To me, all I could think about was, BOY I'm thirsty, and DARNED that is going to make the car all sticky. :laughing: