PDA

View Full Version : Wash, Clay, Machine polish and then hand apply sealant and or wax by hand?

Pages : 1 [2]

MarkD51
03-22-2013, 10:02 PM
[QUOTE=Baconz2012;835495]I prefer to use a machine to apply my LSP. I find i use less product than i would by hand, and it leaves a thin even layer. My hand also gets all cramped up when i apply by hand.[/QUOTE

This is a good point you bring up about traumatizing the hands.

Me, I often feel the effects later when doing stessful things with my hands that involve strong vibrations, and pressure (arthritis I reckon is creeping in)

Since I have the little Griots DA Machine, I might start considering its use for waxing.

cardaddy
03-22-2013, 11:42 PM
I too like to use a machine for LSP, to a degree that is. When the sealant is WOWO (whether sealant or wax) I'll use a machine pretty much all the time, just a lot quicker, especially when applying more than one coat, and imo, more even coat(s).

Now if it's paste, and I'm feeling froggy, I may just go ahead and do it all by hand. (Although now I find myself cussin' because it takes more bending and a bigger toll on the hands/shoulders.) :rolleyes:

Pureshine
03-23-2013, 12:13 AM
Very nice to hear some past experiences!

When using an AIO, you would reap better results using machine vs by hand everytime. As far as applying regular wax/sealants, its just a personal preferance that has no effect on quality. Either your applying it thin, or your not. Who applies wax to trim & crevices? Just like when your polishing, your not polishing directly ontop of the trim or edges right? So why do the same when applying LSP?

Anyway thats my take on hand application vs machine application. It all boils down to personal preferance, however if you feel that either one works better for you then by all means stick to it.
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp230/Diabolic/upw2_zps00b75e01.jpg

If I do a AIO I will use a machine.