PDA

View Full Version : Baby Diapers

FMINUS
05-14-2007, 05:38 PM
What are these used for? Polishing? are these obsolete now that MF towels being the new standard?

ScottB
05-14-2007, 05:49 PM
originally designed for babies backside. Used in detailing for years as 100% cotton. However recently the ribbing was found to be polyester. MF is clearly the best choice currently in towels for finish.

3Dog
05-14-2007, 10:56 PM
I have to disagree..kinda. You do have to know what you are buying. We buy cotton sewn with cotton. IMO it is still the best for removing carnaubas.
I am old and set in my ways.:(

orngez
05-14-2007, 11:30 PM
mf imo is the best all around towels...carnaubas of old that took a lot of work to get off have been readily replaced by wowo carnaubas so the extra bite cotton towels gave are really obsolete...just my opinion...feel free to agree or not :)

ScottB
05-15-2007, 08:56 AM
I have to disagree..kinda. You do have to know what you are buying. We buy cotton sewn with cotton. IMO it is still the best for removing carnaubas.
I am old and set in my ways.:(

I wholehardly agree you can get 100% diapers, but usually from car care centers not the ones you buy at a baby store. I dont find that modern carnaubas need that tensil or strength any longer, and really had a hard time learning to use as little carnauba as possible. (like a sealant, less is best, and easier to remove)

CalgaryDetail
05-15-2007, 09:17 AM
originally designed for babies backside. .
this line made me laugh really hard. I like it.

but baby diapers were once used for polsihing, they are softer then the terry towels that were previously used.
Like others have said with the invention of mf the diapers are obsolete.