PDA

View Full Version : Will Blackfire Crystal Seal Bond to Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0

Nate3420
03-21-2013, 09:32 PM
I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this issue. I am wondering if the Blackfire Crystal Seal will bond to the paint after it being glazed by Wolfgang Finishing glaze 3.0. I don't know the MSDS of the Blackfire. Any answers would be awesome!

spiralout462
03-21-2013, 09:40 PM
I believe Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is a water based polish instead of a true "glaze". I have used it several times without any "bonding" issues of different LSP's. I have no experience with Blackfire Crystal Seal however. WFG is my favorite pre-wax polish!

Nate3420
03-21-2013, 09:44 PM
I believe Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is a water based polish instead of a true "glaze". I have used it several times without any "bonding" issues of different LSP's. I have no experience with Blackfire Crystal Seal however. WFG is my favorite pre-wax polish!
Ok cool! Yeah I am starting to use Total Swirl Remover and the Finishing Glaze then the sealant but wanted to make sure there was no bonding issues. I love the Wolfgang for total correction then like my truck obviously is almost flawless so I am using Dodo Juice Lime Prewax Cleansing Polish before sealing and wax with Collinite 915.

ShaunD
03-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Like Mike states, if a product does ot doesn't state to prep before LSP, follow its directions and you should be fine. A water-less wash is always a good step to perform after any polishing and helps mitigate marring during final wipedown.
Like previously posted, WFG isn't a glaze like the name suggest, but a finishing polish. It is very similar to Menzerna finishing polishes.
Along the lines of topping true glazes though, I have topped Poorboy's World Blackhole with Optimum Opti-Seal and there was still great sheeting a month later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online

MarkD51
03-21-2013, 09:58 PM
The description of this product on this website describes it as both a fine polish, and a glaze. But yet then says it has no fillers. Doesn't all glazes have fillers?

There's no descriptions, nor have I ever read anything here about a need to follow-up with some stripping product such as CP Eraser, IPA, etc etc.
I don't forsee any issues though with these WOWA's.

I've used it, and upon the removal, the product does have similar characteristics to a glaze. They suggest a damp MF Towel, and this is aother indicator that like any other glaze, they can sometimes work you to get off.

Nate3420
03-21-2013, 10:05 PM
The description of this product on this website describes it as both a fine polish, and a glaze. But yet then says it has no fillers. Doesn't all glazes have fillers?

There's no descriptions, nor have I ever read anything here about a need to follow-up with some stripping product such as CP Eraser, IPA, etc etc.

I've used it, and upon the removal, the product does have similar characteristics to a glaze. They suggest a damp MF Towel, and this is aother indicator that like any other glaze, they can sometimes work you to get off.

Would wiping down with an IPA instead of a damp microfiber be just as good?

ihaveacamaro
03-21-2013, 10:48 PM

Nowhere on the product description does it say it's a glaze in the traditional sense of the word :dunno:

Vegas Transplant
03-21-2013, 10:50 PM
1. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/38049-wolfgang-question.html

In simple terms...

...The Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is a very light finishing polish that will refine the results created by the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover and leave a clear, haze-free finish.

MarkD51
03-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Would wiping down with an IPA instead of a damp microfiber be just as good?

Honestly, I don't think it would be necessary.

I'm somehow hearing Mike Phillips advice with this one, when he often will advise "work forward, don't work backwards".

I would only maybe worry about such if you were laying down a coat of CarPro CQuartz, Opti-Coat/Guard, EXO, or one of these more finnicky products.

These WOWA's are fairly forgiving. About the worst that might happen is slightly less longevity.

While you can of couse use these WOWA's as a sole protective product on their own, you'd probably get even better results with using a LSP such as WGDGPS 3.0 or another like Menzerna Powerlock right after the WG Finishing Glaze.

Then use the WOWAs after. Just a thought. Mark

Nate3420
03-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Honestly, I don't think it would be necessary.

I'm somehow hearing Mike Phillips advice with this one, when he often will advise "work forward, don't work backwards".

I would only maybe worry about such if you were laying down a coat of CarPro CQuartz, Opti-Coat/Guard, EXO, or one of these more finnicky products.

These WOWA's are fairly forgiving. About the worst that might happen is slightly less longevity.

While you can of couse use these WOWA's as a sole protective product on their own, you'd probably get even better results with using a LSP such as WGDGPS 3.0 or another like Menzerna Powerlock right after the WG Finishing Glaze.

Then use the WOWAs after. Just a thought. Mark

I am saying using an IPA wiped down after the WGFG

Also I use the Blackfire crystal seal because of the fast cure time. I always then coat with Collinite 915 to protect even further.

MarkD51
03-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Nowhere on the product description does it say it's a glaze in the traditional sense of the word :dunno:

Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0, Wolfgang finishing polish, polising glaze, machine glaze (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-finishing-glaze.html)

I've looked at the link posted, thanks.

But here, in the description, in the first sentence?

And it goes on to mention glaze further on.

Confusing yes, but using this product with my own two hands, it sure has the qualities of a glaze to me, the way it will leave remnants like any other glaze I've ever used.
Mark

MarkD51
03-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Double Post