PDA

View Full Version : Menu feedback

Pages : [1] 2

carguy2007
03-21-2013, 07:16 PM
I recently made a thread about my logo. Here is my menu. I know every area commands different prices. I am looking for opinions on wheather my services belong in the right packages. Would also like feedback on the layout and style as well. Separte services are on page two. I am still working on it. I still need to add my contact info. I am going to do friends and family cars first. I will give them this flyer to give to people they know. I have a full time job so I am testing the waters on doing this out of my garage. I am optimistic about it. I know it has its downsides but it really works out for me with my current job. I have plenty of space and a great location. I know people will probably be hesitant bringing their car to someone elses house. So this will be sort of like a trial run. I am still toying around with my prices. I did some research in my area. I feel like I am on the lower end of the market as far as prices go. I hope the images load up. I made this using corel. Thanks so much for looking!

CM8 6MT
03-21-2013, 07:31 PM
I cant read it OR im going blind. Try to expand the pixel size a bit?

Pureshine
03-21-2013, 07:46 PM
I cant read it OR im going blind. Try to expand the pixel size a bit?

+2 :(

rmagnus
03-21-2013, 08:07 PM
+3 guess were all old!

rustytruck
03-21-2013, 08:18 PM
I can not see it.

tuscarora dave
03-21-2013, 08:32 PM
I was just thinking I wish I had some cheaters. Oh wait...I do have some...nope...still can't read it.

carguy2007
03-21-2013, 09:14 PM
I tried a couple methods like increasing the size but when I preview the post it still looks tiny. I tried a gif image as well but that didn't work. The program is corel. I can save it as a pdf but I can't upload those with this forum. Any ideas? Thanks

CM8 6MT
03-21-2013, 09:18 PM
I tried a couple methods like increasing the size but when I preview the post it still looks tiny. I tried a gif image as well but that didn't work. The program is corel. I can save it as a pdf but I can't upload those with this forum. Any ideas? Thanks

Eh....yeah I wouldnt be able to help you there, I use PS. You need to increase the pixel size when you export the image, or before you save it not sure because ive never used that program. Something like 800x800 would be readable.

Anyhow I can read it, its just annoying trying to read small print. On one of your packages I did notice that you had a premium paste wax, for the deluxe package I believe. Although on your next package, signature I think you called it you didnt mention any type of lsp? All you mentioned is applying wax to door jams and wheels, and polishing the paint but no lsp.

carguy2007
03-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Eh....yeah I wouldnt be able to help you there, I use PS. You need to increase the pixel size when you export the image, or before you save it not sure because ive never used that program. Something like 800x800 would be readable.

Anyhow I can read it, its just annoying trying to read small print. On one of your packages I did notice that you had a premium paste wax, for the deluxe package I believe. Although on your next package, signature I think you called it you didnt mention any type of lsp? All you mentioned is applying wax to door jams and wheels, and polishing the paint but no lsp.

I tried fooling with it. I don't know enough about the program. I have only been using it for a few weeks. As far as lsp. I have three packages. Express, deluxe, signature. The deluxe includes everything from the express, and the signature includes everything from the express and deluxe. Since the pictures are so small you can't see the print, but beneath each package it states "same as above including the following"

In the express detail my last step is a spray wax. The deluxe gets the paste wax. I think I may just include the past wax into the express. I thought wax would be another extra when stepping up to the deluxe. It would be worth the extra money whereas the customer would get a spray wax for the express. I don't think that would sit too well with customers. For nearly $100 I should probably include real wax. Of course with the signature I do clay polish and wax. I only wax door jambs and wheels in the signature package.

carguy2007
03-21-2013, 10:00 PM
These are my starting prices.

car wash-$25
Express-$90
Deluxe-$140
Signature-$175

In the meantime I will try and fix the images. Probably wont get to it tonight though.

I apologize for the lousy images.

2BlackChevys
03-22-2013, 08:23 AM
If you can post them to photobucket then you can insert the IMG link here and they appear full size.

carguy2007
03-22-2013, 08:46 PM
I enlarged the image so the text is readable. However it looks blocky and the logo is out of the frame so it cannot be seen. As well as the border and my name. But as far as packages and prices, most of the text should come in.

I e-mailed the pics to Ray from autogeek. He offered to resize them. If it works without issues then you will be able to see the full image. So in the meantime this is the best I can make them.

thanks for looking, sorry for the inconvenience.

Also on page two (sperate services) #1 is headlight restoration starting at $40 and number #2 is water repellant for exterior glass starting at $10

Those services cannot be seen.

Ray@Autogeek
03-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Here you go!

http://carwaxblog.com/Menu2.jpg

http://carwaxblog.com/resizedmenu.jpg

817detailer
03-25-2013, 12:32 PM
I enlarged the image so the text is readable. However it looks blocky and the logo is out of the frame so it cannot be seen. As well as the border and my name. But as far as packages and prices, most of the text should come in.

I e-mailed the pics to Ray from autogeek. He offered to resize them. If it works without issues then you will be able to see the full image. So in the meantime this is the best I can make them.

thanks for looking, sorry for the inconvenience.

Also on page two (sperate services) #1 is headlight restoration starting at $40 and number #2 is water repellant for exterior glass starting at $10

Those services cannot be seen.

Honestly seems a lil cheap based off the prices in my area (Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX)
It could be average pricing though for your area.

Your "Signature Detail" goes for $250-$300 here (and most of them come to the customer)

With your pricing of $175 for 7-10 hrs of work thats $25-$17.50 a hour and thats not including how much $$$ in products you are using.

I do like your shuttling option to drive the customers to work or home or wherever, I bet if you made it a 10-15 mile radius that would bring you more business.

Hope this helps

davisautodetail
03-25-2013, 12:44 PM
It does seem a little low for my area too, but I presume you know your customer base better than I do.

One thing I've been struggling with, is how complicated to make it. Renny's book really talks about simplifying stuff. You have a lot of add-on options, and I have quite a few as well.

Looking at his recommendations, I would think that having 2 interior-only options (basic/deluxe), 2 exterior-only options (basic/deluxe), then upcharge based on condition (ie: pet hair, excessive dirt, etc. is the same price), then do separate services like coatings, headlight resto, etc.

Even with that, you end up with 10 choices. Is that too many?