PDA

View Full Version : megs d151

a g thang
03-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Hi guys I have a few questions about using d151 I'm sure its been asked before, i just couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for.

1. Do you have to prime the pad?

2. If you do, when cleaning the pad on the fly do you need to reprime the pad?

3. Lastly, when adding polish to the pad after priming do I just add a few pea sized dots or an x?

Sorry if I have some dumb questions, its my first time using this product but I think I got everything all situated, I'm using LC ccs green pads and about 5 passes on speed 5 does that sound about right? thanks for all the help guys!!!!!

KillaCam
03-21-2013, 08:10 PM
1. Yes, it helps.

2. No. Only if you change pads, which you should do eventually.

3. I like to add a few pea sized drops.

It's a great product and time saver for quick jobs. Just don't let it haze for too long or it's kind of hard to remove. Also tape everything off!

rmagnus
03-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Hi guys I have a few questions about using d151 I'm sure its been asked before, i just couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for.

1. Do you have to prime the pad?

2. If you do, when cleaning the pad on the fly do you need to reprime the pad?

3. Lastly, when adding polish to the pad after priming do I just add a few pea sized dots or an x?

Sorry if I have some dumb questions, its my first time using this product but I think I got everything all situated, I'm using LC ccs green pads and about 5 passes on speed 5 does that sound about right? thanks for all the help guys!!!!!

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Personal preference I use 3 dots
Pad choice seems pretty light especially with an AIO like D151. I'd say try the white polishing pad but if green gives you the results go for it. Do a test area count the passes then replicate.

D_Nyholm
03-21-2013, 10:42 PM
I feel that d151 is really forgiving. You can oversaturate the pad and still get good results and not have to worry about scraping it off the paint. It is extremely user friendly and has recent correction and somewhat good protection. I tend to find myself using it with a white CCS pad on almost all one step details. I have tried more aggressive pads and ended up with hazing, and anything lighter than a white just doesn't get enough correction . People talk all the time about using it with orange pads or blue hydro tech pads, bit I cannot seem to get them to work.