PDA

View Full Version : Metro Master Blaster...

Lexi65
03-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Saw a video on this for drying car, motorcycle... Disappointed when several other entries at different sites complained about the quality. Anyone have any opinions pro or con? Thnx

thebamboo23
03-21-2013, 05:34 PM
I've read nothing but great things here on AGO

Pureshine
03-21-2013, 05:39 PM
I have mine for over a year and used it every day with no problems. You will need to clean the filter every so often takes 5 mins to clean. If you do detailing for a living its worth it or if you have the extra cash its worth it to.
If you don't want to spend the money get a leaf blower.

CM8 6MT
03-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Ive considered getting one just to speed up the drying time (my least favorite aspect of detailing). I guess I'll be ok for now by using a straw and blow drying my paint....

sasson
03-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Just got mine, And I love it... GREAT for everything...
I would start up and Dry my car and then with the master blaster on all the small areas...

Master Blaster is NOT cheap quality, it has only 2 Power options... Love that small build...

You won't ever believe the POWER that it has... you turn up 4HP you say wow... you turn up the second you say... BLAAAAAA ( actually you can't even talk )

I would Rate it 9/10... Could be improved... maybe... ?

BobbyG
03-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Saw a video on this for drying car, motorcycle... Disappointed when several other entries at different sites complained about the quality. Anyone have any opinions pro or con? Thnx

I found one under the Christmas tree but since the PA woodchuck was obviously drinking when he predicted an early spring I haven't had the opportunity to use it...yes, it's still snowing.

From my initial inspection it's a well made machine with a lot of power. It's boasts 8hp but if you know anything about horsepower and watts the actual numbers calculate 3hp...This by no means implies the Metro Master Blaster is inferior, not at all. Every manufacturer of vacuums and machines similar to this advertise in the same manor so their all guilty.

Personally Lexi I've never heard a negative comment regarding any of Metro's products and particularly the Master Blaster..:props:

ScottB
03-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Absolutely a well built machine and one powerful unit. Only issue I had was we somehow pulled the ground out of plug, they immediately sent a new one with directions for install.

rmagnus
03-21-2013, 08:40 PM
I would Rate it 9/10... Could be improved... maybe... ?

Yea my only hang up is the 15A curcut needed to run it. Not all my outlets can handle that and a Honda EU2000i generator won't run it making difficult for mobile detailing. I'd bite the bullet on it otherwise looks like a quality machine.

Andr3wilson
03-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Absolute asset!

It blows so hard if you let go of the hose, it can start whipping around.

It also blow heated air, so everything will actually dry.

On the list of best tools I have used in detailing.

Pureshine
03-21-2013, 10:36 PM
I put a 20amp plug in my garage so I wouldn't have problem running anything.

Kevin Cullen
03-21-2013, 11:01 PM
For sure have a dedicated circuit for it, and don't let go of the hose! It does have a mind of its own and you may find that you receive a swat in the toque.

Bunky
03-22-2013, 06:23 AM
It definitely is a nice machine. I do not think anyone has really regretted getting it. It also can be used for other "blowing" tasks in detailing or around the house.

silverfox
03-22-2013, 06:36 AM
Requires a 20amp breaker for starters if you want to really get your $$ worth from this product (i.e. running BOTH 4hp motors simultaneously).

Also, it takes a learning curve because you can actually end up spending twice as much time drying off your car than if just using a drying towel (i.e. it blows water everywhere as its removing it, so you can end up blowing water right back onto the areas you already dried...)

TheCougarGuy
03-22-2013, 08:11 AM
and don't let go of the hose! It does have a mind of its own and you may find that you receive a swat in the toque.

I took one of those coiled keychains that you wear on your wrist and attached it to the hose in case I drop it (which I have).

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/35243.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/56937)