PDA

View Full Version : Matte Decals and Spoiler

theblob640
03-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Hello all, first time posting but not new to the forum. I'm just a hobbyist who likes to keep my vehicle very clean. Recently just purchased a '12 Super Bee (yellow) and it comes with decals on the hood and one horizontally across the trunk. Decals have a matte finish and was wondering what you guys use to protect them i.e fading etc. Currently I use CG Meticulous Matte Detailer and want to know your opinions about this product or whether I should be using that for my decals. Also, I know the spoiler is plastic but also have a matte finish and have been using that product for protection/maintenance as well. Your input would be greatly appreciated. If pictures are required, I apologize in advance as I do not have any yet.

Whatsvtec
03-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Meticulous Matte is a great qd and protectant booster for those vinyl parts. As for extra protection the only thing that comes to mind is a good "matte" wax such as SwissVax Opaque. That wax has a great protection level on the matte paint and vinyl finishes I've used it on.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Dr_Pain
03-21-2013, 05:58 PM
I've never used the CG products but I use UTGG and that stuff does WONDERS for my decals on my 2013 F150 Raptor.

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus, tire & trim protectant, tire dressing, rubber protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-tire-trim-guard.html)

theblob640
03-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I will try each suggestion out to see which one I like better.