PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good non gloss enhancing shampoo

Pages : [1] 2

mets2010
03-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Any idea for a good non gloss enhancing shampoo?

Audi X2
03-21-2013, 10:15 AM
Dodo Juice Born to be Mild is nice.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2253_149515972

Dodo Juice Born to be Mild Car Shampoo, car wash, auto shampoo, car soap (http://www.autogeek.net/born-to-be-mild-shampoo.html)

mg6045
03-21-2013, 10:39 AM
agreed with above ^^^

I think its one of the best shampoo's available in every regard to be honest. (unless you are looking specifically for a wash n wax product).

mets2010
03-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Thats what I was looking at... anybody use it with a foam cannon?

mwoolfso
03-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Thats what I was looking at... anybody use it with a foam cannon?

Within the next 2 weeks I will have some info on this.

mwoolfso
03-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Dodo Juice BTBM
Duragloss 901
Mothers California Gold

Lost Highway
03-21-2013, 12:05 PM
+1 on Dodo Juice BTBM, encourage AG to carry the 500ml and liter sizes.

Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo and Gtechniq G-Wash also don't. I'm fairly certain that Lusso Auto Bathe, Victoria Wax Super Soap and Wolf's WS-2N Nano Shampoo don't.

Having used it I am, however, about 98% certain that Duragloss 901/902 does contain glossing agents.

Mother's I've never used but the vast majority of car shampoos do contain glossing agents.

ScottB
03-21-2013, 07:55 PM
1Z Einszett Exclusiv

PiPUK
03-21-2013, 08:40 PM
+1 on Dodo Juice BTBM, encourage AG to carry the 500ml and liter sizes.

Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo and Gtechniq G-Wash also don't. I'm fairly certain that Lusso Auto Bathe, Victoria Wax Super Soap and Wolf's WS-2N Nano Shampoo don't.

Having used it I am, however, about 98% certain that Duragloss 901/902 does contain glossing agents.

Mother's I've never used but the vast majority of car shampoos do contain glossing agents.

Don't believe everything you are told. Go and ask each of those suppliers to provide a full list of ingredients (which is actually obligatory for them to sell within the EU). I guarantee that some 'non glossing agent' shampoos will have agents which will leave a residual effect. The problem is that 'glossing agent' is an invented term which marketing people like. Do they mean that they do not contain agents which intentionally enhance the gloss? Do they mean they have eliminated all the agents which (co-incidentally) enhance the gloss to a lesser degree? Have they done any tests to demonstrate that their ingredients actually don't enhance the gloss?

Marketing mine field....

vegas911gts
03-21-2013, 10:22 PM
AF lather followed by dodo btbm. I hear sv makes an incredible non gloss enhancing shampoo, but it's real expensive.

habeba86
03-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Megs hyper wash

Dr Oldz
03-21-2013, 11:24 PM
AF lather followed by dodo btbm. I hear sv makes an incredible non gloss enhancing shampoo, but it's real expensive.

I agree with Lather...Great shampoo!!!!!! BTBM is a great shampoo also.

SV shampoo sucks. I wouldn't use it again if it was free. :D

WRAPT C5Z06
03-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Auto Wash, car wash shampoo, matte finish car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/meticulous-matte-auto-wash.html)

Lost Highway
03-22-2013, 04:22 AM
Don't believe everything you are told. Go and ask each of those suppliers to provide a full list of ingredients (which is actually obligatory for them to sell within the EU). I guarantee that some 'non glossing agent' shampoos will have agents which will leave a residual effect. The problem is that 'glossing agent' is an invented term which marketing people like. Do they mean that they do not contain agents which intentionally enhance the gloss? Do they mean they have eliminated all the agents which (co-incidentally) enhance the gloss to a lesser degree? Have they done any tests to demonstrate that their ingredients actually don't enhance the gloss?

Marketing mine field....

Fair point but detailing products in general are a minefield of marketing BS. Perhaps the term really ought to be "minimal residue" shampoos with a defined limit for what constitutes minimal. Of course that would vary to a degree with the water chemistry.

Would I be correct in assuming that at least some surfactants (SDS, SLES,...) would fall into the category of "agents which (co-incidentally) enhance the gloss to a lesser degree?"

Do you have any connection with Orchard?

In any event I enjoy your posts. I'm admittedly weak on chemistry.

PiPUK
03-22-2013, 05:24 AM
Fair point but detailing products in general are a minefield of marketing BS. Perhaps the term really ought to be "minimal residue" shampoos with a defined limit for what constitutes minimal. Of course that would vary to a degree with the water chemistry.

Would I be correct in assuming that at least some surfactants (SDS, SLES,...) would fall into the category of "agents which (co-incidentally) enhance the gloss to a lesser degree?"

Do you have any connection with Orchard?

In any event I enjoy your posts. I'm admittedly weak on chemistry.

Marketing is a pig - if you believe it then the battle is lost but if you do not, it is very tough to know which way to turn to find facts.

Yes, I would say your assertion is correct and this is to what I have been alluding. Maybe more important - can anyone tell the difference between them (by eye)? I suspect that the answer will be no, on most occasions.

I know Orchard well, as you can probably appreciate, Ireland is a pretty small place so you tend to get familiar with those in the game!

Glad you enjoy the posts :xyxthumbs: