PDA

View Full Version : XMT and CCS pads

ws6driver
03-21-2013, 07:11 AM
What are the correct combos? Man there are more pads than i know what to do with? Thanks guys!!!

ShaunD
03-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Pads with cut go with compounds and heavy swirl removes. Polishing pads usually work with a range of polishes and SMAT/new technology compounds. Finishing/finesse pads usually work well with light swirl removers and fine polishes.
You really have to play around with what works best for yourbpaint system and the machine and technique you use.
You have been going at this quite awhile trying to get the XMT swirl removers to work for you. You really need to tape off some sections, side-by-side, and test your techniques to eliminate some factors. From what I saw in your other thread you are getting DA haze/marring which usually comes from an abrasive not being worked well enough to break all the way down, and possibly from dry buffing. This is IMO where CCS pads can be a double edged sword. You have the ability to deposit more product as you work, but this also adds fresh abrasives to the paint that you have to work longer to break down. I would work a section and when the polish appears to be used up/drying, check a section of the section you are working and see if it's defect free. If so, wipe the whole section off and move on with this combo/technique. If not, spritz the pad with some water, QD, or water-less wash, and work the polish for a couple more section passes. As long as the pad and paint stay lubricated you shouldn't introduce marring. But, like they say, everything works in theory.:-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online

ws6driver
03-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Thank you for the detail.... pun.... i will get the courage to try this longer and be more patient. Again thank you for taking the time to write.