PDA

View Full Version : New to the game...essential products?

Pages : [1] 2

Pdetailz
03-20-2013, 09:51 PM
I am just starting this mobile business in MN and for products I already got my huge CG order which I am happy with but after endless hours of reading and researching this forum here's the product list I think I'll carry! I'll be using all my CG stuff too that's not on this list but this is what else I'm ordering! Let me know what else you'd recommend! I'll take any advice you can give me about this business!

Waterless...........CG EcoSmart
Rinseless............ONR
Wash.................CG Shampoos
Clay...................CG (already have)
Clay lube............CG Luber or ONR
Compound..........Menz FG400 and Meguiars 105
Polish.................Menz SF4500 and Meguiars 205
Glaze..................CG EZ Creme, Blacklight
Sealant...............BFWD or Menz Powerlock
Spray sealant.......CG V7
Coating...............Opti Coat
Wax....................Too many to name
Wheel Cleaner......CG Diablo
Tire and trim........CG VRP dressing or new look gel
APC.....................CG All Clean or Nonsense
Protectant............303 Aerospace
Leather................Leatherique
Iron x and Tar x
Collinite 845
P21s
Stripper Scent

Again, please let me know what you think...good or bad! Thanks for reading!

Bill

cardaddy
03-20-2013, 10:37 PM
Might want to change the 105 to 101, same cut but a totally different product when it comes to workability. Wouldn't hurt to take a look at D300 for an AIO with the MF finishing wax to finish. I've been really impressed with its ease and overall look and feel. (without the wax)

Might also add ONRWW to that ONR offering. Both have a real day to day use.

Pdetailz
03-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Might want to change the 105 to 101, same cut but a totally different product when it comes to workability. Wouldn't hurt to take a look at D300 for an AIO with the MF finishing wax to finish. I've been really impressed with its ease and overall look and feel. (without the wax)

Might also add ONRWW to that ONR offering. Both have a real day to day use.

Thanks for the advice...I'll check those products out for sure!

dooyaunastan
03-20-2013, 11:12 PM
I am just starting this mobile business in MN and for products I already got my huge CG order which I am happy with but after endless hours of reading and researching this forum here's the product list I think I'll carry! I'll be using all my CG stuff too that's not on this list but this is what else I'm ordering! Let me know what else you'd recommend! I'll take any advice you can give me about this business!

Waterless...........CG EcoSmart (UWW+)
Rinseless............ONR (UWW+)
Wash.................CG Shampoos (DG 901, Opt. Car Wash)
Clay...................CG (already have) (Nanoskin/Speedy Prep/Optiraser)
Compound..........Menz FG400 and Meguiars 105 (Meg's 101 instead of 105)
Polish.................Menz SF4500 and Meguiars 205 (can't go wrong with either)
Spray sealant.......CG V7 (V7 is more of a booster and less of an actual spray sealant, durability isn't quite there but the slickness and smell and how great it is to work with and how little goes such a long way make it worthwhile)
Wax....................Too many to name (Souveran, Fuzion, Max Wax, Pete's 53 for starters)
Wheel Cleaner......CG Diablo (Sticky gel is better for dirtier wheels, diablo's great for maintenance but at that point, if wheels are protected you could just wash with car wash)
Tire and trim........CG VRP dressing or new look gel (heard bad things about VRP, great things about UTTG+, 303, PERL... Meg's Ultimate Protectant is nice for the price but durability's not quite there)
APC.....................CG All Clean or Nonsense (Meg's APC+)
Iron x and Tar x
Collinite 845
P21s
Stripper Scent

Bill

just included my suggestions/alternatives in parentheses, list looks good regardless!

Pdetailz
03-20-2013, 11:23 PM
just included my suggestions/alternatives in parentheses, list looks good regardless!

Thanks for lookin out man! For waxes I have the Pete's 53, CG Black, CG Celeste, CG Butter wax, Smart Wax Concourse, CG 50/50, definitely ordering the ones you recommended as well! The other suggestions you have are great too! Thanks again

Pdetailz
03-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Undercarriage.....CG Bare Bones

psynx
03-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Silk n shine
Instead of sf4500 I would get sf 4000. If you plan on using compounds like 105 101 or fg400
Allot of cg mf different naps
You need an ipa car pro eraser is the best out there
What machines you got?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

AutoHeed
03-21-2013, 02:39 AM

Waterless...........CG EcoSmart
Rinseless............ONR
Wash.................CG Shampoos
Clay...................CG (already have)
Compound..........Menz FG400 and Meguiars 105
Polish.................Menz SF4500 and Meguiars 205
Spray sealant.......CG V7
Wax....................Too many to name
Wheel Cleaner......CG Diablo
Tire and trim........CG VRP dressing or new look gel
APC.....................CG All Clean or Nonsense
Iron x and Tar x
Collinite 845
P21s
Stripper Scent

Bill

Your list looks SOLID! Like it. CG shampoos never disappoint. ONR is very versatile for QD or clay lube. Wax comes to own preferences, but I like Auto Finesse (desire, soul, spirit etc) smell nice :props: BFWD is my favorite sealant. As for Glaze, you might wanna give Poorboys Black Hole a shot. Good stuff.

-Marcel-

Pdetailz
03-21-2013, 07:19 AM
Your list looks SOLID! Like it. CG shampoos never disappoint. ONR is very versatile for QD or clay lube. Wax comes to own preferences, but I like Auto Finesse (desire, soul, spirit etc) smell nice :props: BFWD is my favorite sealant. As for Glaze, you might wanna give Poorboys Black Hole a shot. Good stuff.

-Marcel-

I'm reading a lot of good things about Auto Finesse so I am going to order a couple products from them! I've never tried any poorboys products either so I'm excited to check them out as well! I've got so much product from CG (about 3,000 worth) to go through but I'll be trying new products here and there! I look forward to giving reviews of all the CG stuff I do have! Thanks for your help man!

Bill

rider9195
03-21-2013, 07:39 AM
Looks like you have a solid list there. I use CG VRP on tires and trim. But it doesn't last as long as many would want. But with two coats it looks great and lasts a little longer.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Pdetailz
03-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Looks like you have a solid list there. I use CG VRP on tires and trim. But it doesn't last as long as many would want. But with two coats it looks great and lasts a little longer.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Cool, two coats it is...do you dilute it at all?

Klasse Act
03-21-2013, 09:00 AM
Optimum Power Clean aka Alien Kleen is THE best all around cleaner I have ever used! To this day, there's nothing it hasn't been able to handle for me and this is with the 3:1 ratio too!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

lazyjet
03-21-2013, 11:24 AM
id look into Ultima WW+ for your waterless wash, it actually comes out to a better value then CG Ecosmart

CG Ecosmart Concentrate 1gal - $90 makes 8 gallons
Ultima WW+ 1 gal - $120 makes 44 gallons :dblthumb2:

But then again not sure which one works better, maybe purchase 16oz size and do some testing.

And for wheel cleaner get Sonax full effect for those really dirty rims

APC id also get All Clean +, the citrus has a nice effect.

And like someone else said, speedy prep towel or a clay alternative is great as it saves you time and time is money :props:

vegas911gts
03-21-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm reading a lot of good things about Auto Finesse so I am going to order a couple products from them! I've never tried any poorboys products either so I'm excited to check them out as well! I've got so much product from CG (about 3,000 worth) to go through but I'll be trying new products here and there! I look forward to giving reviews of all the CG stuff I do have! Thanks for your help man!

Bill

I've cleared out a lot of my cg stuff for AF stuff. The first batch of AF stuff I got was much better than cg stuff. But cg items can be usually be diluted and they are still pretty good so they are a huge bargain for the money.

Pdetailz
03-21-2013, 01:03 PM
id look into Ultima WW+ for your waterless wash, it actually comes out to a better value then CG Ecosmart

CG Ecosmart Concentrate 1gal - $90 makes 8 gallons
Ultima WW+ 1 gal - $120 makes 44 gallons :dblthumb2:

But then again not sure which one works better, maybe purchase 16oz size and do some testing.

And for wheel cleaner get Sonax full effect for those really dirty rims

APC id also get All Clean +, the citrus has a nice effect.

And like someone else said, speedy prep towel or a clay alternative is great as it saves you time and time is money :props:

Yeah, I've got enough CG stuff to last a while! I agree on the time is money quote for sure! I haven't tried a clay alternative but I'm certainly willing! I'll research that today! Thanks again everyone for your insight