PDA

View Full Version : Removing tiny dents?

Sunder92
03-20-2013, 03:35 PM
So I found two very small dents on my car recently. One is on the back, left door. I assume a child or teenager wasn't paying attention when opening their door and accidentally hit mine. There is a small scratch (which I can easily fix) and a small dent (which I am clueless on how to fix)
There is also another tiny dent on the front bumper, which I have no idea how it got there. It looks like someone took a pin or nail and just pushed into it (which of course probably didn't happen) There are no scratches on the front one, just a dent.
Any suggestions on how to fix them?

MarkD51
03-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Check your area for a local paintless dent repair place.

They often go under such common names as Dent Doctor, etc.

Often not cheap, one or two little micro dents will often cost $50, possibly more, but once you see absolutely no telltale signs of a dent no matter how hard you look, I think you'll conclude the fix was worth every penny.

cartman57
03-20-2013, 03:58 PM
PDR is the best option.
Depends how mechanically inclined you are, for the door it might be easy to remove the inner door panel and pop it out, the bumper might be the same (plastic?) try a heat gun then push it out.

Sunder92
03-20-2013, 04:21 PM
I might try the heat gun method for the bumper... Will a hair dryer work?..

Mike Phillips
03-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Watch a dent removed before your very eyes... it's almost like magic...

How to remove a dent - PDR How-To Video (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-car-garage-how-videos/58525-how-remove-dent-pdr-how-video.html)

:)

Sunder92
03-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Watch a dent removed before your very eyes... it's almost like magic...

How to remove a dent - PDR How-To Video (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-car-garage-how-videos/58525-how-remove-dent-pdr-how-video.html)

:)
Thanks!
I don't think I'd have enough skill to do that! Haha.

FishyX
03-20-2013, 06:13 PM
Yes, a good PDR person can do amazing work. The guy I use has been doing it for 20+ years. Much better then taking it to a body shop where they will use bondo, paint the whole panel and charge a ton. Check your insurance policy. My policy waives the deductable if I was not in the vehicle when the damage was done and I'm sure they are more then happy to pay a PDR guy $100.00 instead of $500.00+ to a body shop.