PDA

View Full Version : Sure thing LOL

03-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Here is an email from my dealer lol. Sure let me pay you to hack up my car. I've seen the work they do and it's just as bad as a drive through wash. 16487

BucboyInPa
03-20-2013, 12:10 PM
I got a similar email,and snail mail for my wife's 750.I actually have a friend that works with me on the side that is a detailer up at BMW and I assure you you don't want take your X5 up there after the horror Tories he tells me.

03-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Oh I know. My X was brand new with 11 miles on it and they washed it before I could tell them not to and boy did they do a number on it. It looks great now but took me quite a while to get it there.

runrun411
03-20-2013, 01:31 PM
I read these stories on the post all the time. How on earth is it that people pay thousands upon thousands of dollars for a new car and of all things the dealership can't even do a simple thing like wash and wax it. It make you wonder how competent can they be when it comes to service and repairs. How are the guys who work in the detail dept. allowed to butcher customers cars that way.

Pureshine
03-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Your average person doesn't know the difference.

Dr_Pain
03-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Your average person doesn't know the difference.

How true.... they like a clean vehicle and don't care about the looks or feel of the paint..... until you make them! LOL!
:buffing:

oldmodman
03-21-2013, 02:24 AM
The local BMW dealer near me will give (and install) a free set of wiper blades when you drive in.

I wonder if they will screw up anything else when they put the new blades on?

TH3M B0N3Z
03-21-2013, 07:17 AM
I read these stories on the post all the time. How on earth is it that people pay thousands upon thousands of dollars for a new car and of all things the dealership can't even do a simple thing like wash and wax it. It make you wonder how competent can they be when it comes to service and repairs. How are the guys who work in the detail dept. allowed to butcher customers cars that way.

The detail guys at the Toyota dealer I work at are the same way. I noticed a new Scion tC was on the lot, so I looked at it and the paint was SWIRLED so terribly, and the paint is Super White. That's when I was truly convinced that these detail guys don't know sh!t about washing a car. That can seriously make or break a whole detail. Then, as I'm sure you know already, my Mazda3 was washed against my request at the body shop recently and they swirled the paint everywhere. And their sign even says "Pro Detailing". "Oh, I can't imagine how they scratched the paint, they use horse hair brushes, etc." I'd still love to know WHY they washed that car. The owner of that body shop got word that the paint was scratched, at least. His guys do great paintwork, but if you can't wash it properly, it's null and void.

And speaking of repairs... while I had my Mazda3, I got a few door handles changed (one broke and one was loose), and the mechanic working on my car must have been having a bad day because I witnessed him practically throwing my door panels around, he even installed a door handle on the wrong door. I waited for 3 hours for two damn door handles to be changed out. And I also had a nail in my tire going to work in the Mazda3, had it changed at work for real cheap, but the tech jacked up my wheel all along the rim. And now my Scion tC's wheels are all dark gray and fancy... I KNOW someone will eff them up one day whether I get a nail or a new set of tires. I've even told people, "Please be careful with the wheels", "Sure, we will!", and they still come back messed up. If I could perform every single bit of service on my car, I would. I already change the oil and rotate the tires myself and then they try to tell me that can void the warranty. My ass.

Damn, I've ranted on a bit, lol. My point is that some people don't care whether or not they screw up someone else's car. There's a tech at my job who's really awesome, little younger than me, but he's got like four ASE certifications, etc. I may have him do whatever I need in the future. I'm somewhat in good with him, so I can talk to him personally and be like, "Treat my baby right, man..." lol.