PDA

View Full Version : Polish, Glaze and Sealant Recommentaions

nubaseal
03-20-2013, 04:10 AM
I don't own a machine so plan to do some correction by hand on my dark blue Fiat Punto.

I have shortlisted the following products, please suggest if the products/order of usage are correct and if I need to make any changes:

1. Wash with ONR
2. Apply Optimum Polish II using a Zaino Tri-Foam Applicator
3. Apply Optimum Poli Seal to create a good finish and fill the swirls
4. Seal with Carpro Reload spray sealant
5. Apply Wetglaze 2.0 after 12 hours for killer wet looks

Setec Astronomy
03-20-2013, 05:26 AM
Again, you are using redundant products. Step 2 is a polish, step 4 is a spray sealant, and your step 3 is a polish/sealant. I doubt Poli-Seal will fill anything. Either do 2 & 4, or just 3.

I don't know too much about Reload, but someone mentioned in your other thread that nothing will stick to the top of it, and from what I'm reading, your surface needs to be squeaky clean before you apply since it's basically a coating.

How about we simplify things?

1. Wash with ONR
2. Optimum Polish
3. IPA wipe
4. Seal with Reload
5. Enjoy the rest of your day

nubaseal
03-20-2013, 05:37 AM
Again, you are using redundant products. Step 2 is a polish, step 4 is a spray sealant, and your step 3 is a polish/sealant. I doubt Poli-Seal will fill anything. Either do 2 & 4, or just 3.

I don't know too much about Reload, but someone mentioned in your other thread that nothing will stick to the top of it, and from what I'm reading, your surface needs to be squeaky clean before you apply since it's basically a coating.

How about we simplify things?

1. Wash with ONR
2. Optimum Polish
3. IPA wipe
4. Seal with Reload
5. Enjoy the rest of your day

Thanks. Could you suggest some other products altogether, like if you were to do correction by hand and then apply a sealant and a glaze?

Nate3420
03-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Why not just get yourself a griots garage 6" and make your life a lot easier? Or a porter cable