PDA

View Full Version : Which griots garage products would you buy??

Pages : [1] 2 3

precisionautosalon
03-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Im trying to take advantage of their 15% off sale and free shipping that ends on Thursday. What would you guys recommend?

Nate3420
03-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Their polishes and best in show wax is nice. Also maybe get some of their good edge less microfibers

precisionautosalon
03-20-2013, 12:07 AM
Interesting since I've never heard much mention about their polish. Anything else?

thebamboo23
03-20-2013, 12:32 AM
their dual action polisher
prewax cleaner

swanicyouth
03-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Wheel Woolies, Paint Prep, Adhesive Remover, Glass Sealant, Spray Wax, Green Towels, sprayers, GG6, Rubber Cleaner, & Plastic Cleaner ( its for clear plastics primarily )...

Too many mixed reviews about their polishes and sealants - those I would skip. Their are a ton of other products out there in these categories with great reviews that don't cost a lot. Although their carnuba paste wax in the wide can seems pretty well reviewed.

vegas911gts
03-20-2013, 12:48 AM
MF towels and their clay. The prewax prep products are ok too. I used to use griot's stuff over 10 years ago and found that there's a lot better stuff sold here and everywhere else. The worst product that they push is the best of show liquid wax at least on white cars.

DaHen
03-20-2013, 01:27 AM
The Six Inch Random Orbital Polisher.

Big Boi
03-20-2013, 01:43 AM
prewax cleaner

^THIS

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using AG Online

TroyM
03-20-2013, 03:12 AM
prewax cleaner

^THIS

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using AG Online

+1, Just got mine today! :xyxthumbs:

I recommend getting the Griot's Garage Storage Bag, amazing to hold all the detailing supplies. Amazing product.

WRXINXS
03-20-2013, 05:36 AM
I took advantage of the sale and got a HD (25ft cord) Griots 3" DA and 3 pack of 3" black foam finish pads. I got a great price with the 15% off and free shipping.

I would get:

-Wheel Cleaner
-Rubber Cleaner
-Foaming head sprayer
-Paint prep
-Spray on wax (Smells like bananas and great drying aid, Leaves a nice shine)

runrun411
03-20-2013, 05:57 AM
MF & Pad cleaner

Gunslinger
03-20-2013, 08:09 AM
I've used and liked most all of the products from Griot's. Their polishes are somewhat on the mild side compared to other brands available, but I've used them with no complaints at all.

I think the Best of Show Wax puts an outstanding finish and look to a car, but it can be finicky to use...if you don't use it exactly as its directions say, it can be a pain. I've changed to their new Premium Carnauba Wax, though I haven't used it yet but will when the weather warms up.

The Griot's Carnauba Wax Stick is an outstanding value...easily the best wax for the modest cost I've ever used. If I was limited to just one wax to use, Carnauba Wax Stick would be it.

One product of Griot's I didn't like was their chrome cleaner...since discontinued and replaced by a different polish I haven't tried.

Overall I can't think of any reason not to at least try Griot's products. They don't have a high tech, sexy label on their containers but they are a solid value. Buy it all on sale and it's even better.

w3bb3r04
03-20-2013, 08:39 AM
I have the 6 inch DA and I love it! I also just finished up my first bottle of their Spray Car Wash and I cant say enough good things about it. Great price, good lubricity and did not streak.

w3bb3r04
03-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Wheres this deal at btw?

5.4 Shelby
03-20-2013, 09:22 AM
As Gunslinger said, try just about anything. I have been a customer of theirs for a long time. at least 15 years. They sell good products and have superb customer service. Most of their products are also available on this site.

I dont like their polishes nearly as well as Megs or Menz. The Best of Show liquid gives a very nice finish. It is a pain at times to work with.

My dont miss recommendations are Rubber Cleaner (for tires), Vinyl and Rubber dressing, Paint Clay, Regular wheel cleaner, Car Wash, Interior Cleaner and Spray on Car Wash.

Of course the 6 in Random Orbital Polisher is a great tool.

Speed Shine is a decent clay lube. I use the spray on car wash instead of speed shine as a quick detailer. It seems to have more lubricity than the speed shine.

I love their microfiber towels especially the blue and green. However, they seem to get some bad batches occasionally that lint excessively. Of course, they will take care of whatever you have trouble with. It is just a hassle to keep sending them back.