PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 Question

NLS8520
03-19-2013, 09:38 PM
In the product description for Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 it mentions its for ceramic based clear coats. I plan to use it on a few different cars and to be honest I am completely unsure of their clear coat system. Please advise. Secondly I currently have the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover, which seems to work fairly well but has a fair amount of dust. From your experience which produces slightly better results and is easier to work with to get said results? Thanks.

MarkD51
03-19-2013, 10:02 PM
In the product description for Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 it mentions its for ceramic based clear coats. I plan to use it on a few different cars and to be honest I am completely unsure of their clear coat system. Please advise. Secondly I currently have the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover, which seems to work fairly well but has a fair amount of dust. From your experience which produces slightly better results and is easier to work with to get said results? Thanks.

Never used the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover, but have used the WGTSR. Absolutely fantastic product.

No dusting that I can detect, used it last week on my 2001 Kia in Magenta Red Metallic, and it easily took out some 2000 grit wet sanding I did after removing some old pinstriping16478.

3M Perfect-It Compound, and Meg's 205 was having a hard time with the sanding marks, but not the Wolfgang.

It's a very efficient polish IMO, and finishes just beautifully.

TundraPower
03-20-2013, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=MarkD51;833597]Never used the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover, but have used the WGTSR. Absolutely fantastic product.

:iagree:

WGTSR and WG Finishing Glaze are a wicked combination.

addysdaddy
03-20-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm in agreement. WG TSR is an excellent product and with a white hybrid pad, finishes down nicely. When used with blue or orange hybrid pad(s), have to add a second step. Either WG Finishing Glaze or Menz PF4000.

Mike Phillips
03-20-2013, 02:30 PM
In the product description for Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 it mentions its for ceramic based clear coats. I plan to use it on a few different cars and to be honest I am completely unsure of their clear coat system. Please advise.

Wolfgang TSR and FG will work on any paint system and work really well. In fact, I cannot recall a single paint system, (that means a vehicle), that the Wolfgang Twins has not worked perfectly on including finishing down show car perfect with any pad on any tool.

I'm using the Wolfgang Twins for my Flex 3401 and Flex PE14 classes this weekend.

Secondly I currently have the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover, which seems to work fairly well but has a fair amount of dust. From your experience which produces slightly better results and is easier to work with to get said results? Thanks.

One tip that works for any compound or polish to help reduce dusting issues is to be sure to clean your pad often as you work over a panel. Dust is dried, spent product and you're going to get a build-up of "spent product" no matter what brand you use and this is where keeping your pads as clean as possible comes in handy.

Why it's important to clean your pads often... (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/28755-why-s-important-clean-your-pads-often.html)

How to clean your foam pad on the fly (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/20135-how-clean-your-foam-pad-fly.html)

A good rule of thumb is to clean you pads after each section you buff or after every other section you buff. This tends to be a lot more often than most people normally practice.

Cleaning spent product and removed paint off the face of the pad helps "fresh product" to work better, longer and wipe-off of the residue from the paint will always be a lot easier.

:xyxthumbs:

TundraPower
03-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Update: I just used WGTSR with Rupes 21 and Rupes yellow pad, followed by Rupes white pad and WGFG. This is one knock-out wicked combination.

NLS8520
04-13-2013, 06:28 AM
Wolfgang TSR and FG will work on any paint system and work really well. In fact, I cannot recall a single paint system, (that means a vehicle), that the Wolfgang Twins has not worked perfectly on including finishing down show car perfect with any pad on any tool.

I'm using the Wolfgang Twins for my Flex 3401 and Flex PE14 classes this weekend.

One tip that works for any compound or polish to help reduce dusting issues is to be sure to clean your pad often as you work over a panel. Dust is dried, spent product and you're going to get a build-up of "spent product" no matter what brand you use and this is where keeping your pads as clean as possible comes in handy.

Why it's important to clean your pads often... (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/28755-why-s-important-clean-your-pads-often.html)

How to clean your foam pad on the fly (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/20135-how-clean-your-foam-pad-fly.html)

A good rule of thumb is to clean you pads after each section you buff or after every other section you buff. This tends to be a lot more often than most people normally practice.

Cleaning spent product and removed paint off the face of the pad helps "fresh product" to work better, longer and wipe-off of the residue from the paint will always be a lot easier.

:xyxthumbs:

Thanks for the reply Mike!

Wes Bremec
04-13-2013, 02:21 PM
I use this product and love it. It does dust no matter how clean your pad is in my opinion. It's the amount of dusting you have to control. I use wg pad conditioner and nylon brush to clean and extend my pad to the fullest. While cleaning my pads after each panel is complete also with my rotory and pad washer bucket system.

y8s
04-13-2013, 07:55 PM
I played around with a free sample of WGTSR and was sold on the product.

It cleaned up paint that I couldn't get clean with optimum compound ii followed by poli-seal. The Wolfgang finished out practically LSP ready and left zero dust. Compound II on the other hand... it's like someone used a table saw above the car.

hondajake
04-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Like others have said- great product - I use mine with a white pad - seems to work better than the orange pad?

Hoytman
04-15-2013, 08:26 PM
I played around with a free sample of WGTSR and was sold on the product.

It cleaned up paint that I couldn't get clean with optimum compound ii followed by poli-seal. The Wolfgang finished out practically LSP ready and left zero dust. Compound II on the other hand... it's like someone used a table saw above the car.

Interesting post.

y8s
04-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Interesting post.

if you elaborate, I will too..