PDA

View Full Version : DA polisher

andy2485
03-17-2013, 07:04 PM
I recently bought the Chicago Electric DA from Harbor Freight and finally used it on my car yesterday. Before I give my findings, I'll admit this was my first time using a DA, but I thought it worked great. I've read that it tends to vibrate, not at all if you have the pad centered. The pads HF sells do not work on the backing plate that comes with it, but I had a 5" so the pads worked. Seeing as this is the first time using it(about 1 hour worth of work) i'm completely satisfied thus far, if anything goes wrong I can go back and get a new one as I bought the warranty. I would say for the money you can't go wrong.

ill feel free to answer any other questions.

thanks, andy

A-train
03-17-2013, 09:43 PM
I would love to see some good bf and afters ...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Hades02
03-17-2013, 09:50 PM
I would love to see some good bf and afters ...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

x2.....I know that they sell DA's and Rotaries at some great prices. Question is how good are they. I know that at least with wrenches and sockets if something breaks you take it right back to the store and they replace it so for a hobbiest, the tools are good. For a pro, you may want something higher quality.

andy2485
04-10-2013, 12:23 AM
sorry it took so long! but im finally posting my results from using my Chicago Electric

DA16986

zmanjohn
04-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Andy,
Looks great.. I hope my first turns out as good as yours hope to post pictures of mine also. Keep up the good work.