PDA

View Full Version : What to use to clean tires

FMINUS
05-14-2007, 12:21 AM
I am currently using Bleche White, really cheap but a little too strong.

Whats a good alt? Im thinking PB's natural whitewall and degreaser but its kinda pricey.

Simple Green? Or Meg's degreaser?

ScottB
05-14-2007, 07:56 AM
you could use the wheel cleaner you are using. I use DP's exterior cleaner (cheap and big size) and an Oxo brush.

Whitethunder46
05-14-2007, 08:12 AM
I like to use Purple Power diluted 1:1. To me, pretty much all degreasers will be very simlar. Why spend the money when I don't need to?

P1et
05-14-2007, 08:26 AM
I use diluted Simple Green with a Megs brush. Works great!

FMINUS
05-14-2007, 12:09 PM
you could use the wheel cleaner you are using. I use DP's exterior cleaner (cheap and big size) and an Oxo brush.

I have a bottle of the P21 wheel cleaner. I dont use cleaners really though just soap and water, I just wanted to try out the P21. Such a small bottle! so much $$$

FMINUS
05-14-2007, 12:10 PM
I use diluted Simple Green with a Megs brush. Works great!

Regular Simple Green or the Automotive one? Is it harsh? I have some rare Wheels from Japan on the S2000 and I dont want to take off the coat.

D
05-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Amazing Roll Off, safe for paint and wheels.

budman3
05-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Westleys Bleche White is a good cleaner but I found it to be harsh for tires as well. Also, the bleach in the product could turn tires grey... Simple green is very strong and I would advise to use it heavily diluted. As for using wheel cleaners, using P21S wheel cleaner or any other one (PB Spray and Rinse, Megs Wheel Brightener, etc.) doesn't make much sense either. Using an APC will work but why not use something that is designed for tires?

Top of the line sells a product specifically for cleaning tires... and very inexpensive (2 gallons for $25 which will make 4 gallons). Eagle One Wheel and Tire cleaner is decent, but it doesn't clean the tires all that well.

FMINUS
05-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Westleys Bleche White is a good cleaner but I found it to be harsh for tires as well. Also, the bleach in the product could turn tires grey... Simple green is very strong and I would advise to use it heavily diluted. As for using wheel cleaners, using P21S wheel cleaner or any other one (PB Spray and Rinse, Megs Wheel Brightener, etc.) doesn't make much sense either. Using an APC will work but why not use something that is designed for tires?

Top of the line sells a product specifically for cleaning tires... and very inexpensive (2 gallons for $25 which will make 4 gallons). Eagle One Wheel and Tire cleaner is decent, but it doesn't clean the tires all that well.

Have you tried the Automotive Simple green? Whats heavily diluted 4:1?

And as for the tires turning grey, my ZRs dont last long enough for the tire gel to fade out haha:D

budman3
05-14-2007, 03:30 PM
I've only used the normal Simple Green until a few threads about a year ago on DetailCity made me reconsider using this product. I personally never had an issue with using it but a few people had staining issues where the CC was turned to a milky white color and other metal parts not reacting well to the SG. If you are extra careful and make sure you don't get any on the wheels or the paint 1:4 should be safe ... but its still a risk, IMO it isn't worth it so I stick to other products.

FMINUS
05-14-2007, 03:43 PM
I've only used the normal Simple Green until a few threads about a year ago on DetailCity made me reconsider using this product. I personally never had an issue with using it but a few people had staining issues where the CC was turned to a milky white color and other metal parts not reacting well to the SG. If you are extra careful and make sure you don't get any on the wheels or the paint 1:4 should be safe ... but its still a risk, IMO it isn't worth it so I stick to other products.

THat would be hard for me since all the tires on my cars are real thin...... I think a gallon of the simple green auto is about $7.00

Al-53
05-14-2007, 04:06 PM
any good APC will clean rubber if diluted to right ratios....Westleys does not contain Bleach also..you can dilute it also...

Simple green now makes a automotive APC which is safe on aluminum....

Most rubber cleaners contain a Buytl type cleaner..which is strong ...best to dilute it ..

I have used Westley's and I dilute it ..50/50 and it still works great on tires...

AL

FMINUS
05-14-2007, 04:17 PM
any good APC will clean rubber if diluted to right ratios....Westleys does not contain Bleach also..you can dilute it also...

Simple green now makes a automotive APC which is safe on aluminum....

Most rubber cleaners contain a Buytl type cleaner..which is strong ...best to dilute it ..

I have used Westley's and I dilute it ..50/50 and it still works great on tires...

AL

Great advice, thanks!

Strokin04
05-14-2007, 04:33 PM
I just used Eagle One's all wheel and tire cleaner and was amazed at how well it worked. Best part was RyeLou sent the bottle to me to try out, so it was free and worked awesome. The brown stuff came off with no effort at all and really cut through the brake dust. Mike...

quantim0
05-14-2007, 04:34 PM
I use WBW at 2:1. Works great. Cheap too