PDA

View Full Version : Why do people suggest diluting AmazingRollOff (ARO) ?

TroyScherer
03-17-2013, 08:34 AM
I have noticed this quit a bit and I have always wondered the thinking behind it....

Why do people suggest diluting AmazingRollOff (ARO) ?

ARO is water activated so pre-mixing it simply activates the product before you use it.

Would it not be better to simply wet your surface and apply ARO and scrub sooner and more/less depending on your needs. (This is how I do it.)

I guess I would just dislike always having to mix up just what I needed for each time I used it.

ScottB
03-17-2013, 08:36 AM
I use the product full strength and too have noted its water activation. On PVC furniture outdoors I wet them slightly before use and watch it go to work immediately.

davidc
03-17-2013, 08:40 AM
I use it the same as you. For tires I wet the tire then apply ARO and scrub. The only dilution I do is when I use it for cleaning the engine or places I do not or cannot drench with water.

Dave

TroyScherer
03-17-2013, 09:23 AM
I use it the same as you. For tires I wet the tire then apply ARO and scrub. The only dilution I do is when I use it for cleaning the engine or places I do not or cannot drench with water.

Dave

Interesting.

Why not use the mist setting on your hose? (If you have it, like mine does.) Or use a spray bottle of water to get everything wet before applying your ARO?

Diluting it will simply limit the overal cleaning power and if you don't use it all in one shot. And the next time you go to use it, theoretically it could even be less powerful the the first time.

Finemess
03-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Full on for me, just washed the wifes DD and did wheels and tires with it,bye-bye brown spots.

FUNX650
03-17-2013, 10:18 AM
From Bell Chemical Corporation's web-site:

"Amazing Roll-Off works with water.
Excellent as a general purpose cleaner diluted in water.
You must dilute it before using on painted surfaces".

(Could the reason for this caution be that ARO contains ethylene glycol?)

Bob

davidc
03-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Interesting.

Why not use the mist setting on your hose? (If you have it, like mine does.) Or use a spray bottle of water to get everything wet before applying your ARO?

Diluting it will simply limit the overal cleaning power and if you don't use it all in one shot. And the next time you go to use it, theoretically it could even be less powerful the the first time.

I only mix what I am going to use. When cleaning the engine I usually mix and use Terry cloths and brushes. I use a 2 bucket and rinse the cloth/brush wipe down and a dry cloth or air compressor to dry. To tell the truth I am scared to death of all the electronics on vehicles any more so I am anal about being careful where liquids go. In the old days I would just use gunk and blast away with a hose then open up the distributor cap and let everything dry. These days shorting out a sensor or what ever could get pretty expensive.

Dave

RTexasF
03-17-2013, 11:16 AM
I cut it 50% with water to save product and have yet to come across a situation where full strength was required. I keep it (diluted) in a quart spray bottle and it works just the same as when new six months to a year later.