PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Distilled water

FMINUS
05-13-2007, 10:56 PM
What are the advantages of using distilled water for cutting products?

Black Diamond
05-14-2007, 04:00 AM
no mineral deposits, no chance of leaving spots

FloridaNative
05-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Agreed. Distilled water is pure H2O, nothing more. It's also what they use in pharmaceuticals and infant formulas. :)

FMINUS
05-14-2007, 12:15 PM
cool, off to walmart I go

Truls
05-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Looking into that myself, the water aint that bad here, but it leaves some marks on the car.

klumzypinoy
05-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Distilled water gives the full potential of the product since there's nothing but pure water! It's really cheap at Wal Mart :D

Nica
05-14-2007, 06:39 PM
This is a very interesting topic, I too have been reading lots on distilled water and the advantages of using distilled water. I wonder....I wonder how a vehicle would look being washed with distilled water..mmmm....good thing the jugs are fairly cheap because I'm going to give this a try.

BetaB
05-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Distilled water will still have a small amount of contaminants in it. If you filter distilled water, you can get even purer water. i work in biotech, so i have access to incredible pure water, not that i'm braging or anything.wink wink.
Anytime i have to make dilutions for car maintenance, i use pure milli-q water, or water that has a resistance of about 18.2 megaohms per cm. DP4in1 is usually the one that gets diluted the most, but honestly, i have used water from my brita and it's ok. The brita seems to actually add some "taste" ions into the water, but it's a hell of a lot better than santa cruz nasty ass h2o.

DavidJ021
05-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Distilled water will still have a small amount of contaminants in it. If you filter distilled water, you can get even purer water. i work in biotech, so i have access to incredible pure water, not that i'm braging or anything.wink wink.
Anytime i have to make dilutions for car maintenance, i use pure milli-q water, or water that has a resistance of about 18.2 megaohms per cm. DP4in1 is usually the one that gets diluted the most, but honestly, i have used water from my brita and it's ok. The brita seems to actually add some "taste" ions into the water, but it's a hell of a lot better than santa cruz nasty ass h2o.

Yeah Nor-cal water isnt good. I'm up a little more north of you.

I have no idea what you said either. Sounds interesting though.

klumzypinoy
05-15-2007, 01:10 AM
This is a very interesting topic, I too have been reading lots on distilled water and the advantages of using distilled water. I wonder....I wonder how a vehicle would look being washed with distilled water..mmmm....good thing the jugs are fairly cheap because I'm going to give this a try.

I would think that it will dry spotless! :D I really wish I can have deionized water to wash my car.

sparkie
05-15-2007, 02:11 PM
I use Deionized water.:D

Racin10s
05-15-2007, 03:53 PM
I use Deionized water.:D

OK, I'll bite.... How so?:confused: