PDA

View Full Version : Waterless wash questions

Pages : [1] 2

Fation
03-16-2013, 10:42 PM
I work for a driving company in NY. We have two contracts in Manhattan. In the Mercedes Benz dealership we run a regular "state of the art carwash" Both hand and machine wash (plus big air blowers). Our hand wash is very safe. On older model cars that are mistreated we just throw them in the machine after a bit of brushing, its not good but they are neglected anyway.
-Recently our company took over an Audi dealership where their wash is really bad. They use a brush and Chamois on brand new R8's (I know its horrible). Since my company will soon have the car wash as well. I thought about bringing waterless wash technology to this dealership, since we wont have the same machinery as we do at our other dealership.

My main question is what waterless wash would keep costs low and more importantly keep wash time very low without scratching the cars?
My boss was a detailer at one point himself and it is important to him that we do not scratch the cars as we wash them (We want to stay away from Chamois and brushes).
We are a very professional company, our only problem is that the dealership owners force us to take some shortcuts on detail cars and wash cars.

I know this post is all over the place. I tried to explain everything as short as I could.
Thanks in advance everyone!

ihaveacamaro
03-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Ultima Waterless Wash in a gallon. One gallon of concentrate makes 44 gallons of waterless wash :)

Fation
03-17-2013, 02:38 PM
has anyone tried the meguiars rinseless wash? any good?

2old2change
03-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Optimum would be my choice. Opti-Clean for waterless and ONR for rinsless. Optimum has been a leader in this field since the introduction of ONR IMO.

dc52nv
03-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Ultima and Pinnacle are my two waterless washes I always go to.

jvs1991
03-17-2013, 03:37 PM
has anyone tried the meguiars rinseless wash? any good?

Yes it's actually very good. Cleans well, streak free, doesn't leave anything behind.

FUNX650
03-17-2013, 04:44 PM
IMO...
You probably should think about purchasing Waterless Wash product(s) by the 55 gallon drum(s).

http://www.ecoshinecarwash.com/ecoshine-products/images/uploads/FreedomBEE-55gal.jpg

-Many "chemical supply-houses" have them ready to ship/will-call...
-Perhaps there's even a jobber in your area that will accommodate your specific needs.

:)

Bob

Rsurfer
03-17-2013, 05:04 PM
IMO...
You probably should think about purchasing Waterless Wash product(s) by the 55 gallon drum(s).

http://www.ecoshinecarwash.com/ecoshine-products/images/uploads/FreedomBEE-55gal.jpg

-Many "chemical supply-houses" have them ready to ship/will-call...
-Perhaps there's even a jobber in your area that will accommodate your specific needs.

:)

Bob
If they could get Ultima Waterless Wash by the drum, they could do over 14,000 washes.

Fation
03-17-2013, 05:18 PM
how long should a normal wash on a dirty car take with about 2-3 guys on it? not more then 10 minutes right? We would like to keep customer wait time as low as possible.

ihaveacamaro
03-17-2013, 05:20 PM
how long should a normal wash on a dirty car take with about 2-3 guys on it? not more then 10 minutes right? We would like to keep customer wait time as low as possible.

Pressure wash, rinseless wash, and dry would take ten minutes or less with three people imo.

rmagnus
03-17-2013, 05:23 PM

2-3 guys could knock out a car in well under 10 minutes, more like 5-6 minutes

Rsurfer
03-17-2013, 05:26 PM

Sounds about right. Get a leaf blower, not only cuts down your drying time, but will get all that water out of the nooks and crannies. Customer won't have all that water dripping down on a clean car.

4AudiQ
03-17-2013, 05:51 PM
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss41/4AudiQ/DSCF0559_zps7b819317.jpgThe Dealership should have air available for you. Just use the air to blow out all the cracks and crevices, rims, tires, etc.

Fation
03-17-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm a manager for this company, I won't be washing cars too much but I will be training the wash guys on using the products. I'm just trying to figure out what way would cut down wait time and cost.
Our company does not pay the water bill and so using the standard three bucket system will not be bad either. I just want to keep every one away from chamois (which I know they will try to use).
We do have air compressors which we will also be using.

john b
03-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Yes it's actually very good. Cleans well, streak free, doesn't leave anything behind.
will second that