PDA

View Full Version : LC CCS Pads

Pages : [1] 2

D
05-13-2007, 10:30 PM
With all the stories about the Edge pads, I think I might return my kit. Luckily I havent used it yet.

I was wondering how everyones experiences are with the LC CCS pads? I was looking at the 6.5" Yellow, Orange, White, and Gray pads.

They will be used on the 7424.

Rsurfer
05-13-2007, 10:46 PM
With all the stories about the Edge pads, I think I might return my kit. Luckily I havent used it yet.

I was wondering how everyones experiences are with the LC CCS pads? I was looking at the 6.5" Yellow, Orange, White, and Gray pads.

My edge pads are in a box, wish I could return them, but they have been used. The 6.5" lc ccs pads work great. I don't have the yellow, but the green is great for light cutting. I use the grey for applying wax, like it better than by hand.

FMINUS
05-13-2007, 11:48 PM
I have them, a couple in each color, I havent used the yellow yet. I havent used any other one, but I really like em. The orange kinda sheds a little. Arent they discontinuing these?

Nica
05-13-2007, 11:54 PM
I've use the Edge 2K pads waved and regular and they work good to me that is. But then I used the Lake Country and they work great too. After using the Lake Country I'll keep using them oh but I got the old style not the new style.

I dont know but I like both pads for different applications. Just me though.

D
05-14-2007, 09:53 AM
See I cant afford to have the Edge pads fail on me, then Im $100 out. Id rather buy the LC pads, which seem to be just as good, and not have any worries about them failing.

Seems like I jumped on the band wagon a little too quickly buying the Edge pads.

Surfer
05-14-2007, 10:03 AM
See I cant afford to have the Edge pads fail on me, then Im $100 out. Id rather buy the LC pads, which seem to be just as good, and not have any worries about them failing.

Seems like I jumped on the band wagon a little too quickly buying the Edge pads.You could also have the issue that my buddy and some other backing plate users have once in awhile when the plate broke or pad seperated causing the PC to gauge the paint...not fun;)

trlblazer3
05-14-2007, 10:43 AM
I guess it comes down to the fact that any pad system that I know of can run the risk damaging the paint due to failure of some kind. Whether the E2K system or the backing pads for LC. I just feel more comfortable with the LC system. As far as the CCS pads, I've used them on three different vehicles now (have used every color except yellow and green) and like them. The little pockets do seem to help work the product a little longer IME. Cutting ability with the orange CCS seems to be on par with its flat twin. I'll keep them in my arsenal!

The Edge
05-14-2007, 10:57 AM

They will be used on the 7424.

Very sorry to hear that the very few issues some of which are user error, and we have always made good on have detered you from wanting to use our pads and system. No one has damaged paint, and we have always replaced any and all defective proudcts no questions asked so you woud not be out anything. There are many more problems with people damaging paint with backing plates, and alot of posts about the CCS pads having velcro failures. I would try the system first, and then decide for yourself. If you don't like it, return it to me and I will replace with velcro pads. We make both, single and the double sided too. Alot of people think we only make the snap on system, but we have been making single sided velcro pads for 10 years. We just upgraded the system to the double sided because its better, faster, easier, safer, and more cost effective than velcro or backing plates.

D
05-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Well Im impressed with the customer service thus far. I like companies who post on public forums. So Ill take your word for it and give them a shot.

FMINUS
05-14-2007, 12:12 PM
i may try them out after my CCS pads wear out!

Racin10s
05-14-2007, 04:32 PM
I have to say, that because Edge is here in the forums was the main reason I ordered my PC with the Edge Pads. I will be trying them out hopefully this weekend and I am sure they will hold up.

Nimble
05-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Yeah, you guys might think about your views based solely on what "some guy over there" said about a product. This is an internet forum, and you take what 1-2 guys say as gospel. Are they pros? Do they know what they're doing? Have they truely used both systems back to back and compared? I highly doubt it. There are probably more pros that use the Edge system than LC, and for good reason.

I don't get this buyer's remorse, woe is me attitude to the Edge system lately, especially if you've either never used them, or used them once.

They are MUCH faster for pad switching, have higher quality foam, take out more defects at a lower buffing speed, last basically forever from my uses so far, and clean up better than a LC pad could hope for.

The Pad Man
05-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah, you guys might think about your views based solely on what "some guy over there" said about a product. This is an internet forum, and you take what 1-2 guys say as gospel. Are they pros? Do they know what they're doing? Have they truely used both systems back to back and compared? I highly doubt it. There are probably more pros that use the Edge system than LC, and for good reason.

I don't get this buyer's remorse, woe is me attitude to the Edge system lately, especially if you've either never used them, or used them once.

They are MUCH faster for pad switching, have higher quality foam, take out more defects at a lower buffing speed, last basically forever from my uses so far, and clean up better than a LC pad could hope for.

Anyone at anytime can call the factory here at Lake Country and ask any kind of questions they are needing answers for. The EDGE and Lake Country do use different foams. There are differences in quality. Some people like the EDGE centering system, and some people prefer the backing plate, its users choice.

Rsurfer
05-15-2007, 01:16 PM

No I'm not a pro, but I do know what I'm doing. Yes, I've used both systems back to back. Spent countless hours with the edge system including time with AG. I don't agree that the clean up is better than the LC pads, whatever that means.

quantim0
05-15-2007, 01:23 PM
I used a LC pad system first. I was detailing a friends car and my backing plate ripped in half. Luckily I did not damage his paint but I was SOL for a bit. Luckily AGs warehouse is about and hour away and Megan hooked me up with a new backing plate.

Needless to say I now use the Edge system and am yet to have a problem. The PC runs much smoother and my rotary is a dream to use. Perfect centering every time is a great feature.