PDA

View Full Version : Souveran Wax

Pages : [1] 2 3

belcherm58
06-03-2006, 03:30 PM
I want to hear from you new users of the Souveran Wax. A lot of you should
have gotten in your new wax ordered from the sale. Are you impressed?
Is the shine what they say it is ? Easy to use? Tell Me Pleaseeee?

ScottB
06-03-2006, 03:54 PM
I will partially refrain .... but lets say I keep two tubs in my personal collection at all times. I sleep easier knowing it will be there when I awake.

Neothin
06-03-2006, 03:58 PM
I like souveran. Pleasant smell, great looks, and easy to apply and remove. can't really ask for anything else.

BILL
06-03-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm really torn between both souveran and signature on my silver met car, i read a lot about how souveran is a darker car wax, and that signature and liquid souveran are best for lighter colors as far a depth and pop..:confused:

GearHead_1
06-03-2006, 06:56 PM
can't really ask for anything else.

I think this statement pretty well says it all as far as I'm concerned. Everyone should have a tub of this on hand. :)

Kelso
06-04-2006, 12:58 PM
im glad i bought some on sale but im in a sense afraid to use it... why does it contain mineral spirits? the liquid even smells like mineral spirits and thats what we use at work to remove stubborn stuff and clean whitewalls. are you guys positive that souveran is completely safe for the paint because the mineral spirits thing is scaring me sort of.

GearHead_1
06-04-2006, 01:12 PM
im glad i bought some on sale but im in a sense afraid to use it... why does it contain mineral spirits? the liquid even smells like mineral spirits and thats what we use at work to remove stubborn stuff and clean whitewalls. are you guys positive that souveran is completely safe for the paint because the mineral spirits thing is scaring me sort of.
My post was specifically referring to the past wax. I've used/use the liquid also. It works as well as any carnauba liquid if not better. I don't have the affinity for it as I do the paste. The paste is just in another league. It also smells very pleasant. The smell you are referring to in the liquid is the type of solvent they use. I don't care for that smell either.

Kelso
06-04-2006, 01:40 PM
but the paste uses mineral spirits as well, which is my #1 concern right now with it. im just wondering if its completely safe because mineral spirits seems harsh to me. i really dont care how it looks if it could potentially hurt the surface

ScottB
06-04-2006, 04:17 PM
carnuaba is a rock hard substance, it comes in the form of chips. As such solvents such as mineral spirits are used to break it down to be spreadable and usable. Its not going to harm your paint ... infact, talk with a body shop and the common consensus is only certain low grade silicones can damage the finish and cause fisheyes when repainting. Wiith new VOC regulations in place, a carnuaba based product can only contain a small portion of mineral spirits and other solvents.

Jonboy
06-04-2006, 04:29 PM
I love the Souveran paste goes on easy comes of easy and leaves a great finish :righton:

BILL
06-04-2006, 04:53 PM
I love the Souveran paste goes on easy comes of easy and leaves a great finish :righton:

Going to try the S.S.S. tomorrow.............:cheers:

blkyukon
06-04-2006, 05:49 PM
I want to hear from you new users of the Souveran Wax. A lot of you should
have gotten in your new wax ordered from the sale. Are you impressed?
Is the shine what they say it is ? Easy to use? Tell Me Pleaseeee?

Souveran is awful...it made my paint cloudy :p :righton: :awesome:

http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/images/yukon_home_03.jpg

It is all what it's cracked up to be, Souveran and Clearkote Carnauba Moose are two of my favorite LSP....Souveran being more reflective and CMW more darkening of the paint

abrcrombe
06-04-2006, 06:12 PM
WOW, you take some really good pics and your yukon is in awesome shape! Keep it up.

DS Detailer
06-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Souveran is awful...it made my paint cloudy :p :righton: :awesome:

http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/images/yukon_home_03.jpg

It is all what it's cracked up to be, Souveran and Clearkote Carnauba Moose are two of my favorite LSP....Souveran being more reflective and CMW more darkening of the paint

I must admit. I LOLed at this.

Ridebyshootings
06-08-2006, 04:44 AM
Hello, I really like the liquid souvern. Enough that I accidently asked for some for Christmas and got way too muny for me to use! Never ask everyone for the same thing! Anyway id like to ofeer one sealed bottle in trade for a bottle of pinnacle crystle mist. Anyone interested in this trade before I see if I can send it back? Thanks! Andrew