PDA

View Full Version : How to wash wool wash mitts...

Pages : [1] 2

Lexi65
03-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Haven't seen this on any thread. Can I simply wash it by hand
in MF cleaner solution, wring out and let air dry. I live in
condo building and difficult to have washing machine free of
residue. Thanks for your feedback!

BucboyInPa
03-16-2013, 11:17 AM
I don't wash my wool mits.I definitely would not put them in a dryer .

Lim3
03-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Input mine in my HE washer on cold water, not aggressive. Once done I comb it out and let it air dry which takes 2-3 days for me

Helltopay
03-16-2013, 11:33 AM
The directions for the Dodo Juice Wookies Fist instruct that the mitt should only be rinsed in plain water or hand washed with a wool detergent. Further, the mitt should be allowed to dry naturally. I would imagine that would be good advice for any natural wool mitt.

dc52nv
03-16-2013, 02:42 PM
I simply place my wash mitt on top of the grit guard after washing and hit it with the hose to rinse out all the gunk and soap. Squeeze out as much water as I can and just let it dry outside. If my car is really dirty I'll use a MF mitt for the lower panels and use my wash mitt for the upper panels.

poweraid
03-16-2013, 02:50 PM
I don't wash my wool mitt in a machine . I def don't use my mitt if vehicle is fairly dirty, i will use mf mitt then . I simply kinda wash it in the bucket , rinse it out good , let it air dry and comb it out as it sits . mf mitts get thrown in the washer .

vegas911gts
03-17-2013, 07:28 AM
Why not use the wool mitt if the car is dirty? I have 3 carpro mitts. The gf and I use one each while washing a car and 1 is a backup mitt for if one of them breaks. (I hope not)

poweraid
03-17-2013, 07:41 AM
obviously u r washing vehicle if it dirty . so I said fairly dirty . look what I drive - 4x4 . I bet it gets a hell of a lot dirty than then someone's car. I love the mitt , as much as that can get rinsed off before washing I'm still not gonna use my fav mitt to wash off the crude that can get on it at times . so I save it to use for when it just lightly dirty not after I ran in the woods or something . I don't want to be combing it out like its a pet . wash what u want with your mitt , I'll wash what I want . u not washing mine and I'm not washing yours , who gives a crap .

HellaBroke
03-17-2013, 09:08 AM
The directions for the Dodo Juice Wookies Fist instruct that the mitt should only be rinsed in plain water or hand washed with a wool detergent. Further, the mitt should be allowed to dry naturally. I would imagine that would be good advice for any natural wool mitt.

I used to love this mitt... no I just hate it... its so annoying to take cae care of... car pro ftw.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AG Online

spiralout462
03-17-2013, 09:22 AM
obviously u r washing vehicle if it dirty . so I said fairly dirty . look what I drive - 4x4 . I bet it gets a hell of a lot dirty than then someone's car. I love the mitt , as much as that can get rinsed off before washing I'm still not gonna use my fav mitt to wash off the crude that can get on it at times . so I save it to use for when it just lightly dirty not after I ran in the woods or something . I don't want to be combing it out like its a pet . wash what u want with your mitt , I'll wash what I want . u not washing mine and I'm not washing yours , who gives a crap .

I hear ya! My daily commute consist of 50 percent mud roads and 50 percent beat up pavement. You should see what I can get into on the weekends. HAHAHAHAIm the MANI would like to try a wool mitt but would probably end up storing it in a plastic bag instead of using it.

FUNX650
03-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Why not use the wool mitt if the car is dirty? I have 3 carpro mitts.
The gf and I use one each while washing a car
and 1 is a backup mitt for if one of them breaks. (I hope not)
How does a wool mitt: Break? :Picture:

(That'd have to be made from some really old, dried-up, sorry-sack of shorn-sheep...uh...wool.)

Bob

jgibson2980
03-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Input mine in my HE washer on cold water, not aggressive. Once done I comb it out and let it air dry which takes 2-3 days for me

What do you use to comb the mitt out . I also use a he washer and wash my mitts and air dry . I have never combed them out tho .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

poweraid
03-17-2013, 03:04 PM
What do you use to comb the mitt out . I also use a he washer and wash my mitts and air dry . I have never combed them out tho .

get yourself a sturdy metal pet hair comb, not a brush . i kinda doubt a plastic one will work . a brush is to flimsy . I've seen some differently spaced combs and if u get one spaced to close together u won't be able to pull through the mitt to well . u see how u mitt is when some washing , looks all knotted up ... like a wet dog . and u let it dry it kinda looks like shaggy doo, but then u dunk it in the bucket and its all ok .it's kinda a pain to comb out but as it dries out and u go over it a few times u get it all nice again and get as much crap out of the mitt u can. hope that helps .

jgibson2980
03-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Ok so it pointless yo comb it . It just doesn't look the same as when you buy it. It nice and fluffy. After a wash they get all matted up . Like a wet dog . But I'm sure there fine . Thanks

sasson
03-17-2013, 06:56 PM
I simply Hand wash them, they take MINIMUM of 1 day to dry.