PDA

View Full Version : 35 gal water tank

chachie1
03-15-2013, 10:04 PM
Hey guys am starting up my part time mobile detailing buissiness and i only got a 35 gal tank ( i know i know kinda small) but i want to start small . My pressure washer is rated at 2.5 gal a min so i figured i got about 14 min of run time . How many cars do you think i can do ? Any info will help . Is my figure right on the 14 min??

akj
03-15-2013, 10:24 PM
I take a while doing a good detail. But thinking about it the amount of time that I actually have water running is not that long.. I'd say at most actual water running time on 1 car is prolly 5 to 7 minutes at the most.
That's just what I think I could b wrong.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

SuperiorAutoLLC
03-16-2013, 09:45 AM
I wouldn't bet on washing more than 2 cars with that size tank. Your best bet is to look into a waterless wash or even a rinseless wash and save the tank and PW combination for vehicles too dirty for one of the above.

Good luck.

chachie1
03-16-2013, 10:40 PM
Cool thanks for advice . Am not to familiar with water less stuff can you point me in right direction?

SonOfOC
03-17-2013, 12:17 AM
If you work on saving water, you can do wash a car with 5 gallons.
I used a 40 gallon tank for about a year before going rinseless.

215Detailing
03-17-2013, 06:46 AM
Hey guys am starting up my part time mobile detailing buissiness and i only got a 35 gal tank ( i know i know kinda small) but i want to start small . My pressure washer is rated at 2.5 gal a min so i figured i got about 14 min of run time . How many cars do you think i can do ? Any info will help . Is my figure right on the 14 min??

SEE AROUND 3:10 TIME MARK
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evFTeRxtEEo]The Perfct Wash with The Perfect Soap Garry Dean Wash Method Tampa, FL Infinite Use Detail Juice High end detailing Premium Custom Detailing traditional wash 2bm two bucket method proper car wash karcher pressure washer microfiber - YouTube[/video]