PDA

View Full Version : Foam cannon questions...

WRAPT C5Z06
03-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Those who use foam cannons, do you only foam a car when you're stripping it? I ask because, with a foam cannon, you're using a MUCH stronger dilution than a traditional bucket method ratio. With that said, even if the wash is "wax friendly", it's still much more concentrated and might strip the wax. A foam cannon may not be the best idea for weekly pre-soaks?

Pureshine
03-15-2013, 01:40 PM
I foam ever car I do it gets the loose dirt off and less chance of scratching the paint when you go to do the 2 bucket wash. I when I foam i use a brush to go over emblems and cracks to clean them. I usually apc or dawn mix in foam cannon.

WRXINXS
03-15-2013, 05:59 PM
I just got my cannon and foam with every wash as a pre-soak.

I was recommended a ratio of about 2 ounces of Optimum Shampoo with 8 to 9 ounces of water but I think I am going to try 1 oz out of fear of stripping wax.

I would like to hear what "Wax safe" ratios people are using.

swanicyouth
03-15-2013, 08:14 PM
I use between 4-6 oz with each wash. Without agitation, I don't believe it does much to wax. Lately I've been using a "Zero Bucket Method" where I use the foam gun as my only soap source and just keep washing using clean towels (Alike GDWM). I haven't noticed it affecting durability, but I use a spray wax also each wash.

WRXINXS
03-16-2013, 07:40 AM
I use between 4-6 oz with each wash. Without agitation, I don't believe it does much to wax. Lately I've been using a "Zero Bucket Method" where I use the foam gun as my only soap source and just keep washing using clean towels (Alike GDWM). I haven't noticed it affecting durability, but I use a spray wax also each wash.

4-6 oz with the rest being water in a 32oz cannon?

I have been using 2oz soap and 9oz water to presoak a single car but am thinking of dropping back to 1oz.

swanicyouth
03-16-2013, 07:41 AM
4-6 oz with the rest being water in a 32oz cannon?

I have been using 2oz soap and 9oz water to presoak a single car but am thinking of dropping back to 1oz.

Yup. That's what I use. Usually hit the wheels and wells first. Foam rinse, re-foam clean.