PDA

View Full Version : For those that use Microfiber Cleaner (Detergent)

Pages : [1] 2

Red_Wings
03-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Picked up some BOGO Blackfire Microfiber cleaner recently.

I read you use 1-2 oz for a smaller load. Which is what I usually have.

Do you all use it for every microfiber wash? Or do you use the Microfiber cleaner every once in a while and then use Woolite or similar regularly?

I normally wash my microfibers about once a week during the spring/summer so I can see using a lot of this stuff.

Can't wait to give the stuff a try tonight :dblthumb2:

rms64
03-15-2013, 09:01 AM
I use it for every wash and must admit I didn't really think I'd see much difference between MF-specific stuff and Tide, for example. I have the BF that is / was on bogo too and this stuff works great.

Definitely could get a bit pricey but to me it's worth it!

:xyxthumbs:

Red_Wings
03-15-2013, 09:26 AM
I use it for every wash and must admit I didn't really think I'd see much difference between MF-specific stuff and Tide, for example. I have the BF that is / was on bogo too and this stuff works great.

Definitely could get a bit pricey but to me it's worth it!

:xyxthumbs:

How much do you use for each load?

rms64
03-15-2013, 09:35 AM
How much do you use for each load?

Usually two ounces for what would equate to maybe a half a load or so of MFs. Seems to work fine.

dc52nv
03-15-2013, 09:41 AM
I use BF micro wash every time. Didn't bother with the BOGO and went straight to the gallon. Much better deal when you calculate how much an ounce is.

zmcgovern45
03-15-2013, 10:22 AM
I have the CG Microfiber detergent... I use it every wash. Towels are much softer than using standard detergents.

GS2011
03-15-2013, 10:28 AM
I use BF micro wash every time. Didn't bother with the BOGO and went straight to the gallon. Much better deal when you calculate how much an ounce is.

:iagree:

Mustang81
03-15-2013, 10:42 AM
How do you guys remove stains that stick around after the towels have been washed in MF detergent? Any secrets?

Pureshine
03-15-2013, 10:47 AM
I mix woolite and micro restore together.

dc52nv
03-15-2013, 11:22 AM
How do you guys remove stains that stick around after the towels have been washed in MF detergent? Any secrets?

I have a few stained towels but noticed the fibers are still soft. I just let them be and use them as wheel towels.

mwoolfso
03-15-2013, 12:20 PM

This is true in a lot of cases. :-)

spiralout462
03-15-2013, 01:34 PM

My good towels don't get stained. If a towel is stained it gets bumped down a notch, for more general use instead of paint.

Shortspark
03-15-2013, 01:36 PM
I wash towels in two loads with a microfiber wash every time - towels that were used for washing and drying and towels used for wax/qd/sealant. I follow the wash with vinegar added to an extra rinse cycle. Wheel towels and lessor quality or stained towels just get tide detergent.

Dr Oldz
03-15-2013, 02:56 PM
I think the MF washes are a waste. They work but they work the same as All Free and Clear. So I'm done buying them and trying them. Just hype IME. Add some vinegar to the fabric softener dispenser and you towels will come out great everytime.

runrun411
03-15-2013, 03:09 PM
When buying MF detergent, always buy the gallon. You'll always use anyway. I use Griot's. It works pretty good.