PDA

View Full Version : How do I get RV Clients

Pages : 1 [2]

Jomax
03-15-2013, 10:50 PM
I never used to advertise that I did RV's until I started getting requests and referrals from current customers. They would be like "Hey, can you do what you did on my car to my buddies RV?" and I'd be like "Um........ yeah sure!"

RV's can take a LONG time to do properly but they are big ticket jobs and they are absolutely something to consider if you want a consistent income from your recreational or professional detailing activities. :props:

I do my own RV (38ft 5th wheel) and love it. Also love saving a Ton of money. If I started a detail company, I would do mostly RV's, in the winter here in Mesa, Az. We get TONS of snowbirds, and TONS I them have motorhomes an 5th wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

NuthinFancy
01-02-2016, 06:24 AM
In FL, I see a bunch of scurvy lookin guys by the exit ramps with a bucket, brush and a cardboard sign. :)
I live at an offroad park with a campground. Thinking of trying this out as part of my retirement plan.

davidc
01-02-2016, 08:40 AM
I do my own 32' fifth wheel. It is somewhere in the 950 square feet of fiberglass. If I keep on top of it there is a wash and wax involved. If I let it go to long it is a lot of work to get it back to where I am satisfied. Doing a round with a rotary, wool pad and compound then washing and another round with maybe a cleaner wax and then the final round with the wax is definately a lot of work. Not to mention the up and down every 6 feet. The stick may work in some cases, I have not tried it. I do know especially with oxidation the pressure applied is a key ingredient so I need to be on top of the tool. I am probably a lot pickier since it is my RV and inspect my work very carefully which requires me to be on the ladder. It does take me several weekends at my age to do a complete start to finish if oxidation is involved but I can only take 4-6 hrs a day anymore. If it is a wash and wax maybe 12-16 hrs. That is my .02 cents on RV's yours may differ and none of the above includes cleaning the 21' awning or the roof which is another story.

Dave

mobiledetailingmpls
01-24-2016, 05:45 PM
I also get RV jobs from our website, just make sure you have a page dedicated to RV detailing on there, so there's a better chance of it coming up in searches. Seems like there's not a lot of folks who advertise specifically for that on their site, so you get a leg up...

ducksfan
01-24-2016, 10:01 PM
The subject came up at MOL 7 years ago - D.A. on a stick! (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?7169-D-A-on-a-stick!)

I'm holding out to see what you can do with a Roomba.

Tyler4Coop
02-11-2016, 12:34 AM
Any suggestions on how to book rv jobs? I've put up flyers everywhere and ran google ads but no luck. Any Help would be appreciated

I have been washing RVs for about 2 years and my suggestion is to wait for the right season which would be during spring or fall then find that one RV customer in a campground that is willing to let you do his camper and when people see you washing that RV they usually come ask you to do theirs. If nobody asks, put flyers in their doors and in the office once your done with the job. I am betting that someone would have seen you and give you a call. Make sure you do a good job because these RV owners know each other and if you screw up they will tell their friends and you won't get business from that campground for awhile.

Eldorado2k
02-11-2016, 02:06 AM
@Joe Superior Shine. I'd like to ask a question. How much, ballpark figure should I realistically ask/expect to just wash and spray wax a 40' RV like this? I washed it once, it's been a while now.. It was during the times when I was getting my feet wet and willing to work on just about anything for nearly nothing... This RV kicked my butt. And to add insult to injury I felt bad because I didn't get payed anywhere near what I felt I should've. Everything that could've gone wrong did. Including rain in the middle of me washing it, causing it to turn into a multi day task.

What would be a respectable figure for me, or you to charge to wash it this clean and spray wax it w/D156? I'd appreciate to find out from someone who really knows. I'm in the south bay area of Los Angeles.

Joe@Superior Shine
02-11-2016, 02:13 AM
We get $8 to $10 per foot. Two of us can do it in about 2 / 2.5 hours.

Eldorado2k
02-11-2016, 02:21 AM
We get $8 to $10 per foot. Two of us can do it in about 2 / 2.5 hours.

So potentially $400 bucks if everything is ideal.. Yup, now I know why I felt so bad. Lol.

Thanks for the reply, Joe!👋🏼

Eldorado2k
02-11-2016, 02:24 AM
Now I'm kind of excited to contact him again:)

Not for a full $400.. But somewhere more in the middle for the both of us to have a good deal.

Joe@Superior Shine
02-11-2016, 02:30 AM
You're 45 min or so from me. You're welcome to join me next tI me we do an RV.

Eldorado2k
02-11-2016, 02:36 AM
You're 45 min or so from me. You're welcome to join me next tI me we do an RV.

I'd be more than interested in that!
I'm actually taking some vacation time off right now from my 9-5
I've been doing my best to keep busy with details so far with these days off. But if you could use a helping hand, I'm more than willing to work and learn.

I'll be off/free through all of next week.