PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about starting a business

s500
03-14-2013, 04:00 AM
I've been detailing my friends and my cars for over a year now to the point where i think im pretty good at it. My friend and I thought about detailing cars as a part time job. The only thing that is holding me back is the fact that i dont have a garage. Do any of you detail outside. I mean i always put a tent over the car but i keep on feeling that the customer would hesitate on lending us their car. I am also thinking about maybe detailing at a nearby dealership even though the profit will be much less.thanks

h83d
03-14-2013, 06:38 AM
How about mobile detailing?

Sent from my SC-02C using AG Online

VP Mark
03-14-2013, 07:16 AM
I almost exclusively detail outside, and so do many other successful professional detailers. The whole "detailing in the sun will destroy the paint" stuff is total nonsense. Sure compounds, polishes, and waxes dry faster, but other than that there is real no difference other than it being hotter.

I suggest you set yourself up a mobile system and get started that way. It is convenient, inexpensive, and you can do quality part time work without a huge investment.

s500
03-17-2013, 04:15 AM
How about mobile detailing?

Sent from my SC-02C using AG Online

I almost exclusively detail outside, and so do many other successful professional detailers. The whole "detailing in the sun will destroy the paint" stuff is total nonsense. Sure compounds, polishes, and waxes dry faster, but other than that there is real no difference other than it being hotter.

I suggest you set yourself up a mobile system and get started that way. It is convenient, inexpensive, and you can do quality part time work without a huge investment.

thanks i will see if i could start the mobile detailing up