PDA

View Full Version : jeweling with CG V38 after Wolfgang Swirl Remover 3.0?

Camron882
03-13-2013, 11:22 PM
so i just ordered some wolfgang total swirl remover 3.0 used on a orange hex logic pad and was wondering if i can jewel with CG V38 on the white pad instead of buying the Wolfgang finisher...thanks

vegas911gts
03-14-2013, 01:51 AM
I've seen cg videos using a white pad with v38 after using v36 and an orange pad. CG's website says that v38 can be used to jewel so see no problems with you doing the same.

silverfox
03-14-2013, 04:53 AM
I'd stay within the family and finish with the WG finishing glaze. I'm not impressed with any CG polishes as its not their strong suit.

Soaps and glazes, yes but their polishes are really not anything I'd spend my money on.

Camron882
03-14-2013, 03:29 PM
I'd stay within the family and finish with the WG finishing glaze. I'm not impressed with any CG polishes as its not their strong suit.

Soaps and glazes, yes but their polishes are really not anything I'd spend my money on.
i have them all for a way to build a client base but i am now getting into wolfgang for higher end stuff..ive done good work with CG V series

spiralout462
03-14-2013, 03:36 PM
I LOVE Wolfgang Finishing Glaze on my Tacoma (black)! Combined with a gray finishing pad it produces clarity like nothing else I have tried. I have not tried the CG polishes however.

Boudin
03-14-2013, 04:01 PM
I'm going to agree, love WG Finishing Glaze after TSR.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FUNX650
03-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Not saying CG V38 (or even WG Finishing Glaze) won't work for jeweling purposes...

But whenever I did attempt jeweling...

-I first made sure that there were only the faintest-signs of any:
Micro-marring/holograms from previous polishing steps...That is:

It could usually be said, for most cases:
That's the "Final" polishing-step (if I want it to be)...
and it's also what I deemed to be: LSP-ready.

-Then I definitely used a 'finer-abrasives-laden-polish'...than what you have listed...
for the "Grand Finale" of all the polishing steps: "Jeweling".
Something on the order of: Menzerna 4500(O85RD)/3M Ultrafina.

-I'm glad I don't mess with this "jeweling-process" much anymore.
I prefer to leave that to the other guy.

Good Luck!! with your jeweling, though.

:)

Bob

Robert8194
03-14-2013, 05:37 PM
so i just ordered some wolfgang total swirl remover 3.0 used on a orange hex logic pad and was wondering if i can jewel with CG V38 on the white pad instead of buying the Wolfgang finisher...thanks

You can certainly finish with a white pad but IMO it's not suitable for jeweling. I would recommend gold or at least red.

Camron882
03-14-2013, 07:34 PM
You can certainly finish with a white pad but IMO it's not suitable for jeweling. I would recommend gold or at least red.
what hex logic pad, they no have gold

Audi X2
03-14-2013, 09:01 PM
So you will not technically be jewelling if you use your white pad and the CG V36 polish. However, the goal after using the WG Swirl Remover is to further refine the paint as necessary to finish with a defect free finish.
This of course is dictated by paint hardness, pad and polish selection.
So the only way to determine if what you already own will give you the desired result is to do a test area. Do a test on say the deck lid or hood of your vehicle and after using the WG 3.0 tape off a small area approx. 2' x 2' and try the CG V36 on your white pad.

This is the only way to know if this process will yield the desired end result. If not you can always order a different finishing polish and pad to finish out properly. Often a white pad with a light polish will finish out nicely and may be all you need.
Technique of course is always a factor in the end result.

Camron882
03-14-2013, 09:26 PM
So you will not technically be jewelling if you use your white pad and the CG V36 polish. However, the goal after using the WG Swirl Remover is to further refine the paint as necessary to finish with a defect free finish.
This of course is dictated by paint hardness, pad and polish selection.
So the only way to determine if what you already own will give you the desired result is to do a test area. Do a test on say the deck lid or hood of your vehicle and after using the WG 3.0 tape off a small area approx. 2' x 2' and try the CG V36 on your white pad.

This is the only way to know if this process will yield the desired end result. If not you can always order a different finishing polish and pad to finish out properly. Often a white pad with a light polish will finish out nicely and may be all you need.
Technique of course is always a factor in the end result.
THANKS!! i bought some WG Finishing glaze so now the question is what pad for it out of my HEX LOGIC viriety.

Wes Bremec
03-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Wg finish glaze is a very good polish! You'll be happy with it.

Wes Bremec
03-18-2013, 01:15 PM
FYI finish glaze 3 is basically menz sf4000.