PDA

View Full Version : Compounding/Polishing

phillycobra
03-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Hey guys,

I'm new here and have a question.

I recently picked up a PC DA with meguiars compound and polish. I use LC hydrotech pads.

My question is how do I know when I need to use compound and polish vs. just polish?

Thanks,
John

VroomVroom
03-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Along with pouring a cup of good coffee and doing some reading and video viewing, here's the simplest approach...

Start with the polish. If that doesn't get you where you need to be, escalate to the compound. (Always start with the least aggressive method, only working up when necessary.)

CM8 6MT
03-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Along with pouring a cup of good coffee and doing some reading and video viewing, here's the simplest approach...

Start with the polish. If that doesn't get you where you need to be, escalate to the compound. (Always start with the least aggressive method, only working up when necessary.)

+1 Agree

Pureshine
03-13-2013, 09:49 PM

+2 :iagree:

AutowerxDetailing
03-13-2013, 10:06 PM
+3. Test spot is your best bet.

zmcgovern45
03-14-2013, 12:02 PM
+4 - Least aggressive first, then increase until you see the results you desire.

Just know that as you get more aggressive, it is likely you will need to follow up with a second or third step to remove the marring caused by the previous, more aggressive step.

Ricky_L
03-14-2013, 12:20 PM
:iagree:+5

and you might want to play with different degrees of polishing/cutting pads before you switch from polishing to compounding