PDA

View Full Version : jerk hit moms car but left no note

timaishu
03-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate when people do this. My mom isnt sure when it happened, she noticed this morning. The front right corner has a ton of yellow paint trasnfer and it caused a bunch of the paint to chip off. No dent thankfully, but it looks aweful. I feel bad for her, she has the worst luck. Rear bumper has been resprayed 3 times now and the front once already and the door side moulding got ripped off once too. I think only two of these were her fault, never hit anyone. Just didnt check carefully enough before backing up. I convinced to to not fix it because its just not worth it. Im gonna do my best removing the yellow paint.

Seriously though, there is no way who ever did this didnt notice, they obviously ran off after doing it.. I unfortunetly I wont see her for a few days so I cannot snap any pictures, just wanted to rant a bit.

Bill1234
03-13-2013, 04:21 PM
There is maybe a way you can find it, Get the yellow paint and get it analyzed. You then could see who it belongs to and maybe bring it to the police to track cars in the area with the same paint, just a thought

TH3M B0N3Z
03-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate when people do this. My mom isnt sure when it happened, she noticed this morning. The front right corner has a ton of yellow paint trasnfer and it caused a bunch of the paint to chip off. No dent thankfully, but it looks aweful. I feel bad for her, she has the worst luck. Rear bumper has been resprayed 3 times now and the front once already and the door side moulding got ripped off once too. I think only two of these were her fault, never hit anyone. Just didnt check carefully enough before backing up. I convinced to to not fix it because its just not worth it. Im gonna do my best removing the yellow paint.

Seriously though, there is no way who ever did this didnt notice, they obviously ran off after doing it.. I unfortunetly I wont see her for a few days so I cannot snap any pictures, just wanted to rant a bit.

People just aren't all that courteous anymore. They obviously don't care about the damage on their own vehicle and care even less about the car they hit. Just gotta accept it the way it is. I was fortunate with my 2007 Mazda3 as it only got bumped into once and I was able to touch up the spots and hardly notice it... and I notice EVERYTHING. Even one guy at my apartment complex asked me how I never got door dings or anything, lol. Hopefully it doesn't happen with my new car. I always take particular notice where I park my car. I never park by anyone who's parked like a retard and I always try to park near a curb so that my car is never in between 2 cars. I'm kinda weird, though.

Anyway, I hope her car doesn't continue to get banged up, but I guess maybe it's smart to leave it be or just get it fixed at a later date.

eclipse3g
03-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Don't feel bad, when I had my z-car it had all 4 corners clipped in parking lots and never once did the person who clipped it leave a note. Each clipping was bad enough to require body work and repainting.

timaishu
03-13-2013, 08:15 PM
There is maybe a way you can find it, Get the yellow paint and get it analyzed. You then could see who it belongs to and maybe bring it to the police to track cars in the area with the same paint, just a thought

Didnt even know that was even possible. She has no idea where it happened though so that makes it kinda tough. She is retired so its not like it happened at a common place like work. Probably the mall or kaiser or something like that.

People just aren't all that courteous anymore. They obviously don't care about the damage on their own vehicle and care even less about the car they hit. Just gotta accept it the way it is. I was fortunate with my 2007 Mazda3 as it only got bumped into once and I was able to touch up the spots and hardly notice it... and I notice EVERYTHING. Even one guy at my apartment complex asked me how I never got door dings or anything, lol. Hopefully it doesn't happen with my new car. I always take particular notice where I park my car. I never park by anyone who's parked like a retard and I always try to park near a curb so that my car is never in between 2 cars. I'm kinda weird, though.

Anyway, I hope her car doesn't continue to get banged up, but I guess maybe it's smart to leave it be or just get it fixed at a later date.

Im the same with my car. I would rather walk a few extra minutes than risk parking my car next to anyone. I look for end spots where I am on their passenger side. I then get myself as close to the curb as possible so I have alteast 4ft between cars. In my 3.5 years of ownership, I am proud to say that I have had zero dents put in my car. Only a few little scrapes that were my fault, but I have not been hit by anybody. Being anal about parking really does work.

jpegs13
03-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Never happen. The police won't bother with it

AutowerxDetailing
03-13-2013, 09:11 PM
I agree. Unless someone was injured or killed the police are not going to expend any effort whatsoever analyzing paint transfer from a hit and run. Bigger fish to fry I suppose. So many speeding tickets to issue and what not...

Sent from my LG-VM701 using AG Online

Bill1234
03-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Police might, its leaving the scene of an accident as the hit the car and ran