PDA

View Full Version : hack-a-way. jack

poweraid
03-12-2013, 01:50 PM
well in a way he is . this guy enjoys detailing as I do , but .
I work with this guy at both our primary employment . he does have a business name and does detailing out of his dads shop on his spare time .he brags oh i made this much doing this and that . for me it's a hobby . I have done a few fellow work acquaintances vehicles . we do talk a little about detailing . so I told him I just made my first purchase for supplies for 2013 and I got some nano skin products . I told him what they were . he goes on to say "ya I don't even clay cause I'm just gonna polish it anyways, that's an extra step "
what ! really ? well I'm glad I learned nothing from him , and I'll never send anyone to him for work done . the bad part is really how many customers know what is involved In detailing a vehicle , and he will prob continue to get customers though .

Pureshine
03-12-2013, 02:57 PM
You will always have people like that :(. Who just want to make money any way they can by cutting corners. They give us detailers who do it the right way a bad name.

spiralout462
03-12-2013, 02:59 PM
I have seen a flier from a detailer in my area that advertises "claying to remove scratches". I'm sure the majority beleives it!

bryansbestwax
03-12-2013, 09:13 PM
What do you think was used before clay was invented?

sent using my thumbs, mispelling most words

Alumniprodetail
03-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Hahaha awesome "extra step" probably one of the mot critical steps... That's funny a detailed at my shop once told me when I was a newb that scratches could be reduced w clay bar too...

VroomVroom
03-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Ignorance, misconceptions, false advertising...compounded with a marketed audience comprised mostly of, "Why would I spend $x when I can go to Ducky's and get a complete hand wax for $50?"

That first 10 minutes with a potential customer...that's where you know. Ask questions, understand and hopefully refine expectations, and demonstrate value. Leave those *other* customers to your coworker.