PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation please: New F150 with light DISO

Marc Hufnagel
03-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Just got a new Ford F-150 with a very light case of DISO. They got to it once with a powerwash and brush wash unfortunately before I got it while it sat on the lot. Overall it is in very good shape but it does have some of the light long type swirls/very light scratches in the clearcoat one would see with those car wash type brushes.

Ok, should I go over the vehicle with D300/MF cutting then a orange or white with M205? Or just M205 with an orange/white instead? I'll be following up with either Collinite 845 or Duragloss 105/601 combo afterwards.

I've Iron-x and clayed it so the surface is clean and smooth. I'm not wanting to try for total correction for scrutiny under the closest inspection; maybe 75% reduction at least is fine with me as this is a DD and I want it to look 'really nice'.

CM8 6MT
03-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Only you can determine what polish your car will need, by doing a test spot. You might be able to correct down with M205 alone & a white pad, or you might not.

No matter what paint type on any car you work on, unless youve worked on it before and know exactly how the paint reacts to certain products, ALWAYS perfom a test spot first.

A test spot will tell you everything YOU need to know about the paint. Without pictures or actually being there to see the type of defects your trying to remove, we can only speculate at this point. Your goal is to remove the swirls & scratches, and trust me D300 with MF discs will handle it no prob, but they key here is to remove as little paint as possible.

Start witt M205 on a white pad, speed 5 with moderate pressure and slow arm speed. Do an IPA wipedown & inspect, then go from there if necesary.

Pureshine
03-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Only you can determine what polish your car will need, by doing a test spot. You might be able to correct down with M205 alone & a white pad, or you might not.

No matter what paint type on any car you work on, unless youve worked on it before and know exactly how the paint reacts to certain products, ALWAYS perfom a test spot first.

A test spot will tell you everything YOU need to know about the paint. Without pictures or actually being there to see the type of defects your trying to remove, we can only speculate at this point. Your goal is to remove the swirls & scratches, and trust me D300 with MF discs will handle it no prob, but they key here is to remove as little paint as possible.

Start witt M205 on a white pad, speed 5 with moderate pressure and slow arm speed. Do an IPA wipedown & inspect, then go from there if necesary.
+1on this :)

Marc Hufnagel
03-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Thanks, I will follow this advice, hopefully tomorrow if I can get some time and pull it into the basement garage as it's a bit too cold to do anything outside (37f).

I suppose I could move up to an orange / M205 before the D300?

Pureshine
03-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Thanks, I will follow this advice, hopefully tomorrow if I can get some time and pull it into the basement garage as it's a bit too cold to do anything outside (37f).

I suppose I could move up to an orange / M205 before the D300?
You can do the D300 if you want first. The rule of thumb is always start with less aggressive first and then move up.

Marc Hufnagel
03-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Looks like m205/tangerine/orange will do it perfectly!