PDA

View Full Version : Optimum No Rinse (ONR) Or Waterless Wash Plus+for clay lubricant?

david11g35
03-11-2013, 07:13 PM
With this free shipping going on I am going to bite on a few products.

Which of these two items works best as clay lubricant? Will be using for striclty claying lube

Optimum No Rinse (ONR) Or Waterless Wash Plus+ for clay lubricant?

VP Mark
03-11-2013, 07:57 PM
ONR. It has so many uses its incredible, not to mention that is makes an amazing clay lubricant. I dilute it 1.5 oz per spray bottle (32 oz.).

Boudin
03-11-2013, 08:56 PM
I have both and prefer the ONR for clay lube

sasson
03-11-2013, 09:12 PM
With this free shipping going on I am going to bite on a few products.

Which of these two items works best as clay lubricant? Will be using for striclty claying lube

Optimum No Rinse (ONR) Or Waterless Wash Plus+ for clay lubricant?

Clay Lube is A waste of money... Really...
Optimum no rinse Is the best

It's great for regular clay.
Used with clay block, Works Fine too
I also used with speedy prep towel, Works Amazing!

In short, ONR... :dblthumb2:

ihaveacamaro
03-11-2013, 09:21 PM
I find UWW+ (ultima waterless wash plus) to have better lubricity, but the ONR is much better option pricewise.

david11g35
03-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys. I went with ONR

cardaddy
03-11-2013, 11:11 PM
I've switched to ONR totally. I've tried it with at least 4 different clays and it always does the job. FWIW I've also used ONRWW if for no other reason than just to change it up a bit, but don't see the need. What I will do though is always keep a spray bottle of (distilled) water handy. ONR as mixed for QD strength is great to have around but it just may be more ONR than you need for 'claying'. That's where after wetting the surface with ONR I can 're-wet' with water, swapping as the surface goes along. (Feeling for it grabbing and such.)

neat e34
03-12-2013, 01:11 AM
Haven't tried WWP but ONR is great. Good choice!
Using only as clay lube & diluting 64:1 that will last you a LONG time & cost almost nothing in the long run...