PDA

View Full Version : good sealant

Pages : [1] 2

Chrisalvarez
03-11-2013, 03:04 PM
hi everyone this is chris alvarez and im new to the forum. anyway I have a question about a good paint sealant I have been currently using meguiars ultimate wax or nxt. but I have been considering something with even more durability especially in the winter months. I live in the Midwest and the winters are brutal. with snow, ice , sub zero temps and the whole 9 anyway I was looking at the detailers pro sealant, griots garage one step, and meguiars #21. also I was looking at the coallinite insulator wax to top whatever sealant I go with. so does anyone have experience with any of the products mentioned or have any other suggestions. thanks in advance. o fyi I have a red infiniti g35 and a silver Cadillac escalade I will be using these on. also I have already corrected the paint on both and I am content with the shine I can achieve with all the meguiars products I currently use, I am just looking for a lot more durability and longevity out of wax or sealants.

cutter
03-11-2013, 03:17 PM
I live in Alabama and not in the harsh environment you live in...I've used Klasse Sealant topped with Collinite....Works great for me and both products are tough.

Chrisalvarez
03-11-2013, 03:24 PM
thanks cutter. so is that your usual two products? also I have read a lot of reviews on collinite and everyone seems to love it and can vouch for its durability. also a lot of people say it is super slick which is good. I also was looking at klasse but I guess I am confused as to what technichally is considered a sealant. Is it any synthetic wax? or is the difference much more complicated than that? so I think my wax search is over with the collinite but now I want a good sealant to go underneath.

Chris's FX4
03-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Can't comment on any of the ones you picked, but you might want to give Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 a look. Holds up to the Midwest winters just fine.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/56247-wolfgang-dgps-3-0-winter-test.html

MarkD51
I live in Alabama and not in the harsh environment you live in...I've used Klasse Sealant topped with Collinite....Works great for me and both products are tough.

Hi, Since you've commented on Klasse, is this the KAIO you're using, or just the regular Sealant they make?

I know this product is spoken highly of for long lasting protection, but how about looks?

I've tried a couple from Duragloss already (501&111), and in the looks department, it has a look to me as what others refer to as "sterile". Thin looking would be my description.

In comparison to a Sealant such as WGDGPS 3.0, I think the WG has a much deeper, candy glasslike look than these two Duragloss products I've tried.

How does the Klasse products compare to WG Sealant 3.0 in the look department?

snowking724
I recommend Menz Power Lock. It looks great, will easily last the winter months and is real easy ti apply.

habeba86
03-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Id just use 845a if you have it. My favorite sealant is 4 star UPP

Pureshine
03-11-2013, 04:22 PM
The two I use are.
SONAX ProfiLine PolymerNetShield Quick Polymer Sealant
Menzerna Power Lock Sealant

FUNX650
03-11-2013, 04:41 PM
-Wolfgang DGPS
-Meg's 21 2.0
-The Klasse Twins

NOTE:
If you have a moment, take a look at this
thread of swanicyouth's:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/60946-sealant-test-powerlock-blackhole-wolfgang-dgps-blackfire-wd.html

:)

Bob

ScottB
03-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Rejex is super durable especially during the winter months, sell alot to our northern friends.

Robert8194
03-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Rejex is super durable especially during the winter months, sell alot to our northern friends.

Also works well in the south to protect the front from those dreaded bugs we kill by the thousands.

Chrisalvarez
03-11-2013, 05:37 PM
thanks for all the replys. and great test chris! all the ones I listed that I was looking into are on autogeek. I do trust meguiars but never used their sealant #21. so I am unsure of its durability , I did look at the wolfgang but it is pretty pricey im sure its worth it but all those other ones are about half the price. ive heard of klasse and griots but not the detailers pro series.

killrflake
03-11-2013, 06:59 PM
I have been using Menzerna Power Lok for several years and am very pleased with
it's durability and shine.

Jrocket
03-11-2013, 07:11 PM
As previously recommended a few times now.

Menz Powerlock is the way to go :dblthumb2:

Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant 16 oz. (http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autogeek.net%2Fmenze rna-power-lock-sealant.html)

You will not be dissapointed

Chrisalvarez
03-11-2013, 07:27 PM
thanks for the info and posts I think now I will have to make a decision between wolgang and menzerna.