PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Best Rotary?!?!?!

Pages : [1] 2

scottgt
05-12-2007, 03:04 PM
ok lets just start off and say ive been using my free ghetto makeshift thingy mabobber rotary. when i got the rotary the bolt was only half an inch instead of 5/8..so i decided to do some fabrication for the time being....heres some pics

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/sgs4u14/IMG_2568.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/sgs4u14/IMG_2567.jpg

yes i know very ghetto..but it was just fro practice..i welded the 5/8 on and made sure it was 90 deg. all the way around...i used it today with
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/sgs4u14/IMG_2569.jpg

and did my whole car in about an hour in 30 min ...i love this stuff hit the blue edge pad with some xmt pad condition so it didnt dust...and this stuff worked wonders...i didnt have my camera cuz my batt. was dead and i was just in a rush to use the rotary...

ok now to my question, now that im in love with rotary and what is yalls favorite rotary...cuz im gonna buy one in the next few days...so let me know thanks guys and gals :awesome:

Whitethunder46
05-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm going to be getting the Metabo in about 2 weeks hopefully. Also the Edge WAVE 8" pads.

The Metabo is one of the more expensive ones, but overall, I believe it's the best one from allllll the reviews.

koibybrian
05-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Have a Metabo, need to get adapter for Edge pads. Looking forward to using it.

Strokin04
05-12-2007, 04:46 PM
I have the Hitachi and next week I will be getting the Makita. They are both well liked, light weight and have plenty of power. I like them because the have variable speed triggers and the dial for set speed is at your thumb for easy adjustment. Also they have the basket handle which I like because I feel I have better control then with a side handle. I haven't used the metabo so can't cooment on it but, that is also a favorite for many detailers. Mike...

Al-53
05-12-2007, 05:03 PM
First off..Scott..I believe 3m makes a adapter to fix your problem....I think they can be bought at Napa...or online....I would be careful with that setup you have.....if the weld breaks you may end up pin striping your paint in a bad way...lol....

I have both the makita and the Hitatchi....I favor the Hitachi ..reasons...The speed trigger seems more responsive...seems quieter also...and a bit more power meaning the speed runs at a constant speed...and runs a bit cooler also...

Don't get me wrong..I used the Makita for years and love it..But the Hitachi just had something to it that makes me grab it more often...

AL

scottgt
05-12-2007, 05:23 PM
haha ya i welded it on there pretty good...but it was free so i just tried it..i looked for an adapter and couldnt find one but o well..i want a better rotary anyways...thanks for the input guys

ScottB
05-12-2007, 05:44 PM
I too bought the Hitachi when AG carried them, it had more power, weighed less, and a longer warranty. Quite a bit cheaper also !

Nica
05-13-2007, 12:11 AM
I purchased the Metabo and I'm very pleased with the machine, I love the way it feels in my hands and I never get tired of using it. The design in the Metabo is great, things are located where they are requried to be. I did however go to the store and I man handled a Makita, I was impressed with it so much that I purchased it. At first it did feel a little heave and the triger and speed setting felt good too, I haven't used it just yet but soon I will. Seems like a good machine. But I'm very pleased with my Metabo oh by the way the Maikta will eventually be a gft for a good friend of mine.....I'm just going to breake it in...um...a little hehehe.

well just my feed back, hope it helps.

scottgt
05-13-2007, 12:13 AM
thanks alot :)

BlackCoupe
05-13-2007, 12:25 AM
I too bought the Hitachi when AG carried them, it had more power, weighed less, and a longer warranty. Quite a bit cheaper also !

How are you with the rotary? Do you have to come back with the DA to get rid of holograms and jewel it up?

3Dog
05-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Please change your avitar....it blinds me :cool:

scottgt
05-13-2007, 12:46 AM
How are you with the rotary? Do you have to come back with the DA to get rid of holograms and jewel it up?

dont know if that was to me..but when i used the rotary ..i used the megs. 2.0 with the blue pad and it was reasy for wax after...i just love rotary..its amazing you can cure bad swirls in just a couple passes

KJW Detailing
05-13-2007, 09:10 PM

im just wondering...but how does this occur? i use a rotary at work and i dont tend to see either of those effects when i work on the cars but i can sometimes notice on cars the other guys work on...

im thinking it has to do with pressure and the speed...maybe also along with the conpound and the pad your using?

im just wondering b/c i want to invest in my own detailing stuff and i was going to get the PC but since i have experience with a rotary, i was thinking of just taking the extra one that is broken at work and have it fixed...idk...

thanks...

ScottB
05-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Please change your avitar....it blinds me :cool:

I cant ... another forum member was nice enough to take this shot at DFII and sent to me. Its my thank you to him !

BlackCoupe
05-13-2007, 09:57 PM
im just wondering...but how does this occur? i use a rotary at work and i dont tend to see either of those effects when i work on the cars but i can sometimes notice on cars the other guys work on...

im thinking it has to do with pressure and the speed...maybe also along with the conpound and the pad your using?

im just wondering b/c i want to invest in my own detailing stuff and i was going to get the PC but since i have experience with a rotary, i was thinking of just taking the extra one that is broken at work and have it fixed...idk...

thanks...

Do you inspect your work at high noon in direct sun?