PDA

View Full Version : Where do you use your detailing products besides a car?

nissenc1337
03-11-2013, 02:27 PM
I like to use my protectant on my garage door button and have used my glass cleaner and water spot remover on exterior windows.

MarkD51
03-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Been thinking of using some of the goodies on some of my audio gear.

My turntable, which has a sealed Oak Wood Base has once been done with Zaino Z2 some years back, but been thinking of going a step further with something like CQuartz, or some other high tech coating?

Something that would be layerable, and have a more glass-like finish.

And my large audio rack, which is tubular powder coated steel supports, with shelves again might be a fine candidate for a WOWA type sealant?
Since I have WGDGLS, UPGP, and Opti-Seal on hand, I might give one of these a go, and see how it looks?

cutter
03-11-2013, 02:53 PM
I've used my VX-5000 in my house doing tile grout cleaning, tile cleaning, carpet cleaning...I've used my Optima APC cleaning my kitchen cabinets and using as a degreaser on my jeans...That's probably all I can think of for now.

spiralout462
03-11-2013, 03:00 PM
I buffed out the Corian counter top at work the other day. I used Ultimate Compound on a white pad. Then I sealed it with Meguiar's #21. It turned out beautiful!

NickZ28
03-11-2013, 03:09 PM
After cleaning the outside glass of my house windows, I will put a coat of wax on them. Usually do this twice a year.

RhetoricMixes
03-11-2013, 04:11 PM
I've seen my wife use ONR at clay dilution in place of windex before. I've always sealed my entertainment center for my tv since its mostly glass. Keeps the dust off and makes it easier to clean.

golliger
03-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Been thinking of using some of the goodies on some of my audio gear.

My turntable, which has a sealed Oak Wood Base has once been done with Zaino Z2 some years back, but been thinking of going a step further with something like CQuartz, or some other high tech coating?

Something that would be layerable, and have a more glass-like finish.

And my large audio rack, which is tubular powder coated steel supports, with shelves again might be a fine candidate for a WOWA type sealant?
Since I have WGDGLS, UPGP, and Opti-Seal on hand, I might give one of these a go, and see how it looks?

Off topic I know. But what turntable do you have?

FishyX
03-11-2013, 04:38 PM
My carbon arrows get a nice coat of Zaino Z-2 a few weeks before the deer season. The Zaino scent goes away after a few days. Makes them smooth and quiet when I draw on a monster!!!

ScottB
03-11-2013, 04:39 PM
wy wife uses it all around the house. ARO on pvc outside furniture. 303 Fabric Gard wherever Scotchgard is needed. Plex-All on black acrylic furniture and tv stands. Invisible glass , well on glass. Leather furniture gets LeatherMasters. Infact she recently started taking the DP foggers and using them to spritz the family room and make it smell like a Tropical Paradise.

Circa40
03-11-2013, 06:29 PM
I've been using Megs APC+ and D120 glass cleaner all over the house. The combo replaced the majority of our household cleaners. :dblthumb2:

I occasionally polish our glossy flat screen TVs with Blackfire TP&S

A-train
03-11-2013, 07:27 PM
OPC-Showers
AIO-Glass stove top
Sprayway-Mirrors and Windows
Permanon-Laptop and cellphone screen
303 Fabric Guard-All rugs, Fabric chairs, Den Pillows
303 Shower Shield-Showers after they are clean (just not on the floor, it will be slick as owl snot)

conthedon
03-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Optimum power clean on sneaker soles