PDA

View Full Version : New products... =)

TH3M B0N3Z
03-10-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm getting two Chemical Guys products soon... Hybrid V7 and Mr. Pink shampoo.

A few people here said they use the V7 after ever wash, so I will probably do this while drying my car. I'm currently using Griot's Speed Shine, but it seems to clash with the Menzerna Power Lock. By clash, I mean that it seems to keep the MPL from beading as much. Maybe it's just in my head.

I'm currently using CG Maxi Suds II shampoo in my foam gun and the wash bucket, but I decided to go with Mr. Pink as its slickness and foaming properties are rated at "high" whereas the Maxi Suds is on the "medium" side.

I got both products in the gallon version. I'm kind of a nut. :D

Also, I've had my Scion tC for a few weeks now and I had to clay the paint again. I'm starting to think where I work is the culprit of the contamination. In the very back of the parking lot, there's always people spray painting cars and there's a railroad nearby. When I had my Mazda3, I clayed it one month and when the next month came around, the roof was so contaminated, it sounded like sandpaper. My car does sit outside 24/7 and also spends anywhere from 8 to 10 hours a day, 5 days a week at work, so it's like I have to clay my paint more often it seems.

Anyone here experience the same thing?

HellaBroke
03-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Railroad near by I might check out iron x if I were you. And if memory serves me meguires medium clay should be able to r3move over spray... have you considered opticoat or exo?

I order cg stuff by the gallon for almost everything. Mr pink is good stuff I enjoy honeydew a little better but sudsy wise I havent had a cg soap not foam like a champ.
Sent from my SGH-T889 using AG Online

vegas911gts
03-10-2013, 10:56 PM
I love v7. And yeah you should use iron x twice a year. Might as well go all out when you use it. Do a iron decon with iron x or wolfs iron decon gel, clay, and polish in addition to wash and wax.

HellaBroke
03-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Id ironx and then seal... a good sealant oc or exo... train rail dust is a pita. Maybe some of that iron x snow foam soap stuff as well... just to keep the ferrous metal out of the paint...

TH3M B0N3Z
03-11-2013, 08:29 AM
So it's possible that being near a railroad could be the culprit for the contamination? When I was feeling the paint right after the wash yesterday, I felt isolated bumps, but couldn't actually see anything. I've heard rail dust can sometimes look like bits of rust, but I've never seen it for myself. All the contaminants came up easily with my Griot's clay bar and it's a pretty mild clay. I also have their wheel clay and I've used it on a few cars that have never been clayed and it's good stuff, but probably too tough for my newer paint.

I order cg stuff by the gallon for almost everything. Mr pink is good stuff I enjoy honeydew a little better but sudsy wise I havent had a cg soap not foam like a champ.

Yeah, the Maxi Suds foams really well, but I wanted to try the Mr. Pink out because Amazon doesn't have Maxi Suds in stock. I have maybe less than half a gallon with the Maxi Suds, but then I get all antsy and feel like I gotta buy more, lol.

HellaBroke
03-11-2013, 08:43 AM
What color is the car? Mines white so its easy to see the little rust spots from rail dust. You can rub a clay bar and look at what its shqving off just remember claybar is going to shave those particles rather than the ironx disolving them out of the paint.... the contamination source could be from a lot of things. Interstate with a lot of truck traffic, train tracks... etc...

TH3M B0N3Z
03-11-2013, 09:15 AM
What color is the car? Mines white so its easy to see the little rust spots from rail dust. You can rub a clay bar and look at what its shqving off just remember claybar is going to shave those particles rather than the ironx disolving them out of the paint.... the contamination source could be from a lot of things. Interstate with a lot of truck traffic, train tracks... etc...

My car is silver. Easy to work with, but tends to show dirt a little more than when I had my grey-ish Mazda3.

Also, I drive the interstate every single day. Just the other day I thought I saw a big chunk of paint missing from the front bumper... it was a spot of oil, lol. Glad it was oil, though. My car is subject to all kinds of crap, man.