PDA

View Full Version : Good spray wax???

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

luv a shine
03-10-2013, 07:37 PM
i am look for a good spray wax . i will be using it to wide down door jams,fingerprints,and on my premium wash package. Must be in a gallon.

Robert8194
03-10-2013, 07:48 PM
i am look for a good spray wax . i will be using it to wide down door jams,fingerprints,and on my premium wash package. Must be in a gallon.

Hard to beat Optimum spray wax and it comes in a gallon. If price is a real problem, Duragloss Aquawax is excellent as well. Both are very easy to apply.

T_velar
03-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Optimum leaves a beautiful shine that is slick and durable

cartman57
03-10-2013, 07:58 PM
From this recent mini review
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/61670-my-first-review-well-sort-review.html
Pinnacle liquid souveran spray wax gallons are on sale now for $65, Optimum is around $60
Duragloss fast clean and shine is about $25

BobbyG
03-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Optimum Car Wax is a gorgeous wax and so is Duragloss Aquawax...both available in gallons...:props:

SonOfOC
03-10-2013, 08:39 PM
I like Mequiars D156 if you gonna wipe down door jams and figerprints. D156 acts very similar to a good QD and offers protection. Smells fantastic.

Where D156 beats OCW and Duragloss is that it does not streak as much. Which is great to clean smudges or use as a drying aide.

OCW and DG streak more, but offer better durability; especially OCW.

WRXINXS
03-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Duragloss is hard to beat at that price. I just used some today to wipe down my jams and protect underhood/inside trunk paint.

Smells awesome, does not streak on me. But I would imagine the Optimum might last longer. I hear it is the longest lasting spray wax.

dcjredline
03-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Duragloss Aquawax used here!! Love it

Anthony@zerboautoworks
03-10-2013, 09:02 PM
+1 on DG aqua wax

thebamboo23
03-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Cgv7

Dougw4355
03-10-2013, 09:11 PM
After Buying Blackfire aerosol spray wax on BOGO.....Im sold on it
Car beads and shines like cwazyyyyyy

mjones329
03-10-2013, 09:49 PM
I like Mequiars D156 if you gonna wipe down door jams and figerprints. D156 acts very similar to a good QD and offers protection. Smells fantastic.

Where D156 beats OCW and Duragloss is that it does not streak as much. Which is great to clean smudges or use as a drying aide.

OCW and DG streak more, but offer better durability; especially OCW.

:iagree: OCW has a tendency to streak on dark paint. D156 is a fantastic value, lasts about as long as OCW and streaks less frequently. I'm eager to try Aqua Wax maybe the next order.

Robert8194
03-10-2013, 10:05 PM
After Buying Blackfire aerosol spray wax on BOGO.....Im sold on it
Car beads and shines like cwazyyyyyy

I agree. BF is a great product and the shine is second to one. But, for ease of use, I still think Optimum or Duragloss is easier to apply. They are both wipe on, buff off. BF seemed to be more like a liquid wax in a spray that had to be removed the old fashion way. To me, that defeats the purpose of the spray.

swanicyouth
03-10-2013, 10:09 PM
For what your looking for, slight cleaning ability and some protection, I like Chemical Guys Speed Wipe. It's absolutely super easy to use, pretty cheap, and doesn't streak one bit. I has the cleaning ability of a QD. For door jambs and stuff, I'd think it would be perfect. Or, I'd get a waterless wash that leaves protection, like Pinnacle (very cheap - 1 oz makes 32 oz).

Most others mentioned here have no cleaning ability. Now if your looking for something to use on areas that are already cleaned (and it MUST) come in a gallon, I like: Prima Hydro, Wolfgang Spritz Sealant, V7, or Griots Spray on wax.

Optimum just sits on my shelf. Too streaky for me.

neat e34
03-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Haven't tried much else for comparison but I'm using OCW & love it.
Have a very dark green car & have had no problems with streaking.
I have read that using too much will cause streaking.
Very easy to over-apply as a little amount goes a very long way...