PDA

View Full Version : ONR with distilled water

runrun411
03-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Does it matter if you use distilled water with ONR or ONRWW?
If it makes a difference, why?

Old Tiger
03-10-2013, 02:37 PM
My water in SC is soft. I use tap water for ONR. I use distilled for UWW + to be on the safe side. With APC concentrates I always use tap water.

Pureshine
03-10-2013, 02:41 PM
If you have hard water I would use distilled water. This way you won't get water spots.

Rayaz
03-10-2013, 02:45 PM
My understanding is that ONR softens the water but I guess you can't be too careful.

Old Tiger
03-10-2013, 02:58 PM
If you have hard water I would use distilled water. This way you won't get water spots.

My understanding is that ONR softens the water but I guess you can't be too careful.

I agree with y'all. Im glad my water is soft naturally! ONR does soften water indeed. Some add an oz to shampoo to reduce water spotting!

FUNX650
03-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Does it matter if you use distilled water with ONR or ONRWW?
If it makes a difference, why?
-Distilled water is water that has been put through boiling and condensation processes (distillation)...

It then becomes what is known as:"Pure water", having no minerals or other contaminates (impurities).

On the otherhand:
Hard/Soft/Softened-Water definitely will contain minerals and other impurities.

Mixing distilled water with one of the ONR products is one way to ensure
a much more impurity-free: 'Washing-solution'.

:)

Bob

Bunky
03-10-2013, 06:01 PM
My water in SC is soft. I use tap water for ONR. I use distilled for UWW + to be on the safe side. With APC concentrates I always use tap water.

I had my water tested (have a house water softener) and the supply is still quite hard. This region is supposed over some underground granite.

ph=7.1
Hardness= 10 grains HARD
Total Dissolved Solids= 200