PDA

View Full Version : c-quartz or opti-coat 2.0

68bowtie
03-10-2013, 06:43 AM
I was wondering which would be best for my daily driver impala. Also can u still put a coat of wax or sealent over these.

ihaveacamaro
03-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Don't know about cquartz, but I have opticoat and it's nice. Yes, you can still put stuff over it, but it won't last long.

Flatlander
03-10-2013, 09:24 AM
I have both on my car and I prefer the look of the cQuartz. The durability of the Opti-coat, however, just can't be beat. Tough call. Overall my vote would be for the OC.

ihaveacamaro
03-10-2013, 11:31 AM
I have both on my car and I prefer the look of the cQuartz. The durability of the Opti-coat, however, just can't be beat. Tough call. Overall my vote would be for the OC.

Mike, can you really see a difference in looks between the two?

I have a hard enough time telling the difference between waxes and sealants lol!

Old Tiger
03-10-2013, 03:27 PM
For a first time user, CQ UK Version would be the easiest. It applies like a sealant! Wipe on, let dry to a haze and wipe off. OC is easy once you learn how to apply. I have only used the Pro Version,so I cant speak to OC.

oldmodman
03-10-2013, 07:36 PM
I personally prefer the look and feel of Cquartz. But it doesn't seem to last anywhere near as long as OptiCoat 2.0

And it's easier to apply too. But if you want a finish that will last over a year go with the Opti.

But I like "fooling" around with my car's finish. So my choice is Cquartz topped with Reload.

And on my "good" car I will always stick with Fuzion.

vegas911gts
03-10-2013, 07:37 PM
cquartz finest is the best looking coating.