PDA

View Full Version : Will Autogeek ever sell Swissvax or Zymol ?

Pages : [1] 2

arkus
03-09-2013, 10:09 PM
I would like to see those brands here :props:

arkus
03-09-2013, 11:52 PM
?

mets2010
03-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Don't think so. I believe for Swissvax another retailer has the exclusive rights in North America

T3 AutoDetails
03-10-2013, 01:01 AM
Would be cool to have swissvax brush set FS. Then again i just seen that AG brought in a new Boars hair brush for about 18 bucks. Goingto include it in my next order :)

akj
03-10-2013, 01:04 AM
I haven't tried zymol and I don't think I will. Its by tw....

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

Andr3wilson
03-10-2013, 01:11 AM
As someone who has tried to purchase SV Rights to Distribute, let me explain how the company works. Hold onto your butts.

SV Euro is a corporation in Europe. In order to sell SV in the US, SV USA is an entirely separate corporation from SV Euro, but related and branded under the SV names and trademarks, exclusively selling in the US. SV Canada aka Autoobessed is the exclusive Canadian distributor that is not owned by either SV Euro or SV USA.

Now for US Distribution, SV USA controls everything in and out of the USA. Being the Exclusive Distributor they control who sells what. Considering that 99% on "pro-detailing" supplies is sold online, SV USA having AG sell products is competing with themselves. Remember, they are not part of SV Euro trying to ship products, they are a distributor that buys and imports the product and then sells it themselves. Its not so much as AG not wanting to deal with them, its SV USA not wanting to shoot itself in the foot. Currently, all US SV must be purchased from SV USA.

As far as Zymol and Swissvax both not getting on with AG, I actually know what the main stick in the muds is, but due to Confidential Informations Act, I am legally unable to elaborate further.

Although I am ask... Why not just buy from them??

thebamboo23
03-10-2013, 02:30 AM
exactly^ why not just buy directly?

AG is a great company.. but not the only great company out there

LeFou
03-10-2013, 03:59 AM
Currently, all US SV must be purchased from SV USA.

Actually, there's at least one other online retailer who sells SV over the net. I know because their warehouse/showroom is less than a 10 min drive from my house, and I bought an SV wheel brush from them recently. Works great too.

jpegs13
03-10-2013, 07:00 AM
I already have the 87 different waxes that AG sells. Do I really need another 10? :laughing:

Conan
03-10-2013, 09:12 AM
I haven't tried zymol and I don't think I will. Its by tw....

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

It's only the lower end line that is by Turtle Wax. The higher end paste waxes are not made by TW.

swanicyouth
03-10-2013, 09:19 AM
No Zymol is made by Turtle Wax. I believe they used their factories / distribution years ago - but not now.

Conan
03-10-2013, 09:41 AM
No Zymol is made by Turtle Wax. I believe they used their factories / distribution years ago - but not now.

Oh yes they do, the cleaner wax and the detailer and shampoo is made by TW. Go to Amazon and type Zymol Cleaner Wax and it even says "made by Turtle Wax".

Take a look at Zymol's web site and see that those products aren't there.

yakky
03-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Who cares who makes it. People would crap their pants if they knew who made 1/2 their stuff. Its not like TW is a Nigerian chemical outfit. They are very capable of making a good product, their platinum line was great.

People knock the Zymol cleaner wax all the time, of course with out ever having used it. It's not bad at all, a very decent OTC cleaner wax that is a pleasure to use (smell and ease of use), it cleans and fills very well and its as durable as most boutique waxes.

Andr3wilson
03-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Actually, there's at least one other online retailer who sells SV over the net. I know because their warehouse/showroom is less than a 10 min drive from my house, and I bought an SV wheel brush from them recently. Works great too.

Who?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using AG Online

GS2011
03-10-2013, 11:49 AM
I already have the 87 different waxes that AG sells. Do I really need another 10? :laughing:

Of course, you can never have too many waxes! :laughing: