PDA

View Full Version : Washing microfiber towels

Pages : [1] 2

myr6eatsme
03-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Is it necessary to buy those products that cleans them or can I just use regular laundry detergent?

sasson
03-09-2013, 06:34 PM
+1 Subscribed, Actually I Want to know this too...

GenesisCoupe
03-09-2013, 06:46 PM
For what i know it is BEST to use the products or just plain water as the laundry detergent has chemicals which will make the microfiber rough and it will not absorb fluids. If the towel is too dirty its best to dispose of it and get new towels..

I do know for a fact that you should never use a fabric softener when drying in the dryer.

Pureshine
03-09-2013, 06:49 PM
I use woolite or Micro-Restore Microfiber Detergent.

T3 AutoDetails
03-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Regular detergent will not bring the towels back to "new" each time as the MF cleaner does. Most detergents will ruin a microfiber towel, Best to stick with a dedicated MF cleaner since MF towels are an investment. Protect your investment. My .02

runrun411
03-09-2013, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE= If the towel is too dirty its best to dispose of it and get new towels..[/QUOTE]

You throw them away? If your buying MFs on AG I'll give you my address and you can send them to me:D

Bigbull2984
03-09-2013, 07:36 PM
To answer your question yes it is worth it.

I too was hesitant and used all clear and APC to wash my towels up until last spring.
When I switched to a dedicated Microfiber wash I noticed my towels are softer, absorbent as day 1, and towels are alot cleaner.

I think I have tried all the MF cleaners on the market and have to give it to Blackfire for making the best MF cleaner. OP give it a try, its on BOGO and you can save the Tide to wash cloth :).

GenesisCoupe
03-09-2013, 07:36 PM
You throw them away? If your buying MFs on AG I'll give you my address and you can send them to me:D

lol no i am not buying them on AG, and no i will not send my dirty towels to you. What i mean is such as after wiping down a dirty engine bay or door jams on a vehicle that has never had it done, i personally prefer to throw those out instead of cleaning/reusing.

:)

GS2011
03-09-2013, 07:47 PM
To answer your question yes it is worth it.

I too was hesitant and used all clear and APC to wash my towels up until last spring.
When I switched to a dedicated Microfiber wash I noticed my towels are softer, absorbent as day 1, and towels are alot cleaner.

I think I have tried all the MF cleaners on the market and have to give it to Blackfire for making the best MF cleaner. OP give it a try, its on BOGO and you can save the Tide to wash cloth :).

:iagree: I also have had excellent results with Blackfire.

spiralout462
03-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Regular detergent will not bring the towels back to "new" each time as the MF cleaner does. Most detergents will ruin a microfiber towel, Best to stick with a dedicated MF cleaner since MF towels are an investment. Protect your investment. My .02

:iagree: Plus a dedicated microfiber wash will generally rinse cleaner, reducing the chance of leftover residue.

DaveT435
03-09-2013, 07:59 PM
I've used both the CG microfiber wash and recently used the Sonus which I actually liked better. I used to use Tide but the dedicated washes do leave towels softer IMO

runrun411
03-09-2013, 08:05 PM
lol no i am not buying them on AG, and no i will not send my dirty towels to you. What i mean is such as after wiping down a dirty engine bay or door jams on a vehicle that has never had it done, i personally prefer to throw those out instead of cleaning/reusing.

:)

Aw shucks. I thought I hit the MF jackpot. LOL
Yeah, when there's no more hope for them I throw them away too. But those MF cleaners are really good. I use Griot's MF cleaner. I also have Micro Restore which everyone seems to love.

dpscoupe
03-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Before finding the 'geek I used tide. After some reading I added micro restore to one of my orders. After witnessing the 180 turnaround on my MF, I'll never go back! I even use it on my bath towels now & they are better than new!

Bunky
03-10-2013, 06:06 AM
In the end you will likely need to decide for yourself. Some have good success with some regular detergents and you can also pre-soak them in APC as a cleaning booster. I prefer the microfiber specific ones and use Blackfire.

spence
03-10-2013, 06:52 PM
I experimented with Tide Free and Clear HF, Groits and Blackfire MF and pad cleaner. I felt that Tide worked just as well as the others on MF and pads. However, yesterday I used Poor Boys Black Hole Glaze on a GG orange pad, water would not clean it, Tide Free and Clear did not clean it, Dawn did not clean it. Put on a small amount of Blackfire and the pad rinsed clear. I did not try the GG, just happy that the pad was good to go.