PDA

View Full Version : pad cleaning

a g thang
03-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Hi guys,

I dropped a few white and orange pads on my garage floor do they pick up junk like if you drop a clay bar? Also, they still have a little bit of dried polish on them, what would be the proper way to clean them, I was thinking just letting them soak in water and dawn and then let them dry?

Thanks Everyone!

capnp72
03-09-2013, 11:16 AM
It would be a good idea to rinse them to remove the dawn then let them dry with the velcro facing up.

cartman57
03-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Hi guys,

I dropped a few white and orange pads on my garage floor do they pick up junk like if you drop a clay bar? Also, they still have a little bit of dried polish on them, what would be the proper way to clean them, I was thinking just letting them soak in water and dawn and then let them dry?

Thanks Everyone!

If there are particles on it from being dropped on the floor make sure they're all gone, hopefully soaking them will release it instead of becomming imbedded in the cell structure of the foam.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/20135-how-clean-your-foam-pad-fly-when-using-porter-cable-style-da-polisher.html

When I'm done.....spray on some XMT pad cleaner (it softens up most any product) then in hot water with Dawn, and squeezing it by hand until no more soap.
Using a towel compress it to remove remaining water then place it foam side down on a dry cotton towel, it'll act as a wick to absorb the water.
I only have about 4-6 pads to clean though.

Pureshine
03-09-2013, 11:24 AM
I spray apc on my pads and soak them in a bucket with apc for about 1 hour and rinse with warm water. Them lay them down on a towel to dry.

a g thang
03-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Thanks for all the help guys!!!!!!!!!

Detail-Impressions
03-09-2013, 12:26 PM
I agree with Pureshine APC or in a pinch I use my car wash soap from the bottle. Think about it if it cleans the car, it will clean the pad.