PDA

View Full Version : Son's 2004 Honda Clean up

DRamsey
03-09-2013, 09:53 AM
I passed a 2004 green Honda Accord to my son, who's a sophomore in college. The car is neglected as you might expect. I’m trying to decide what to put on it, when I get to that point. I have available:
Wolfgang 3.0
Blackfire Wet Diamond
Pete’s 53
Fuzion
I’m leaning toward Blackfire; I want to use it up, because I didn’t like it all that much.

Any suggestions?

cartman57
03-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Try each of them on different areas and see what it looks like and how long they last.
How neglected is the finish, is there a lot of correction needed?
Everyone will have their favorite from what you listed.

DRamsey
03-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Actually, it's looking pretty good. I washed it with CG Citrus Wash, and it cleaned up pretty good. I'm using BlackFire SRC Polish, there's not much correction needed, and it's going to look better no matter what I do.

DRamsey
03-09-2013, 12:05 PM
OK, I went with the BlackFire. It was very easy to work with and came off like a dream. I'm very satisfied with the results.

VroomVroom
03-09-2013, 01:12 PM
FWIW, that was going to be my suggestion. If not corrected, at least make sure the finish is clayed & cleansed, so you have the surface prepped as much as possible for bonding. WD is VERY durable. For a college student, who I'm guessing will be parking outside and not focusing a lot on paint care, you cannot go wrong with a good sealant.

Klasse Act
03-09-2013, 01:13 PM
OK, I went with the BlackFire. It was very easy to work with and came off like a dream. I'm very satisfied with the results.

Does this mean you like BFWD now?

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online