PDA

View Full Version : A little tip, thought I'd share (scents/air fresheners)

Pages : [1] 2

cleanmycorolla
03-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Recently posted this in someone else's thread regarding air fresheners figured I'd share with everyone! (post is below)

Here's a tip I actually took from a Bed, Bath and Beyond of all places.....

Reed Diffuser
How to Use Reed Diffusers & Available Fragrances ? Pier 1 Imports
(http://www.pier1.com/how-to-use-reed-diffusers/all_about_reed_diffusers,default,pg.html)
personally I love all the CG scents the offer, especially the green apple one.

What I do is I keep the air fresheners in their concentrated form(all cg scents need dilutions at least when I buy them in their retail store they do), but I keep them in their concentrated form, and I dip the reed diffusers into it, and then place them under the seats front and passenger. Technically its not the correct way to do it, but if you give them a decent soak they will retain a pleasant odor for days!!!! plus it saves spraying a ton of freshener like a mad person and saves some product!

I recently did this on a quick wash, clay wax job, I through in the interior cleaning for free(because wanted to try some stuff out) and actually left 3 reed diffusers with CG Jasmine scent on them in the persons car. I get an email them days laters saying the love the smell, and what I did to make it last....

so try reed diffusers!

I am sure someone else smarter than I has thought of this, but figured I'd share none the less!

Happy friday all!:dblthumb2:

90sedan
03-08-2013, 09:22 PM
I like the idea, thanks for the tip.

arjo.reich
03-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Watercolor artist grade paper from your local Michael's or art supply shop, cut into 2x3" strips. Or steal a stack of perfume tester cards, lol.

Blot them with a couple drops and then stir then in zip locks until testy to toss under the seats.

... just thinking out loud

Lucky Joe,
Wannabe Detailer

Sent from my HTC DNA

JSou
03-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Thank you sir. Nice tip for sure.

BillE
03-09-2013, 08:36 AM
May be a bit OT...But has anyone thought about using scented candles? I ask that because those silly things seem to 'smell' forever.

Wife has had one setting in a holder for over a year, and I can still smell it when I enter 'that' room.

Bill

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Nice tip Chris.

Thanks.

RhetoricMixes
03-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Nice tip! Told my wife about this since she's my interior partner in crime and she said that her clients would love that.

ihaveacamaro
03-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Very good tip, I will try this for sure :)

Squid
03-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Idk about candles, I had the genius idea of putting one of those bathroom cone scent thingies in my car.

It fogged up my windows like crazy, I didn't realize it was the cone's fault because I live in Oregon but after throwing it out it was obvious what was going on, lol.

Anyways nice tip I will definitely look into it :)

cutter
03-11-2013, 03:07 PM
What I like to do is take two blue shop paper towels and spray them with the scent I'm using. I put the paper towels underneath the front or back seats...My customer's love it!! It is very cost effective!!! I do use Chemical Guy's they have the best scent's!!!

RedXray
03-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Thanks just ordered some Rattan Reed Diffusers from e-Bay to give this a try.

cleanmycorolla
03-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Glad I can help! Thats why we're all here, to share and have some fun!

To the person who asked about the candles, I did try that once in my own car they were small candles, flat about as big as a half dollar. Needless to say, totally didn't take into account maybe temps in the car might get too high, and even though the wax was contained in a small silver dish, and they were, getting melted wax off of my carpet was not so fun. If you do use candles, don't be like me, remember temps can make an impact hahah!

Good luck!

similar to this is what i used
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00qBYQAJlMMwog/Screw-Top-Round-Candle-Tin-Cans.jpg

vegas911gts
03-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Wax would not survive in the summer heat over here, but winter would be perfectly fine.

BillE
03-14-2013, 07:39 AM
OK, been thinkin' more about using 'wax.'

A candle with a high bees-wax content is very heat stable, so it may not melt in MOST situations.

Now, my brain thought(s)...at candle making supply places (ie-craft store, hobby shops), they have bottles of MANY different scents. I'd venture to guess those stuff is super concentrated. Sooooo, how about getting blotter paper (they still make that?) and just put some on the blotter and place it under the seat.

You could mix and match with any smell you wanted to make.

Just an idea...

Bill

Lim3
03-14-2013, 07:56 AM
very cool.