PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax and the paste?

articsilber323
05-25-2006, 04:58 PM
just as the title inplies

why is the paste wax so much more money than the liquid?

ScottB
05-25-2006, 05:50 PM
completely different products and very different results.

Paste --- the best of the best, most rewarding show wax offered. Durability is low but WOW factor is high. Its the best of the best because it darn easy to use and looks so darn nice. You'll get 25-30 applications per jar. Works well on all colors, but amazing on blacks, reds, and yellows.

Liquid --- a modern creation with polymers added to enhance length of protection. It looks very nice, and can be used on the entire car and allowed to dry completely prior to removal. Works well on lighter colored cars.

DS Detailer
05-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Killrwheels know his stuff. Go ahead... ask him anything.

articsilber323
05-25-2006, 06:58 PM
completely different products and very different results.

Paste --- the best of the best, most rewarding show wax offered. Durability is low but WOW factor is high. Its the best of the best because it darn easy to use and looks so darn nice. You'll get 25-30 applications per jar. Works well on all colors, but amazing on blacks, reds, and yellows.

Liquid --- a modern creation with polymers added to enhance length of protection. It looks very nice, and can be used on the entire car and allowed to dry completely prior to removal. Works well on lighter colored cars.

well i curently own a 1998 bkw 323is artic silver paint

curently has three layers of sealent glaze by klasse and i curently use the s100 paste wax which i think is better than anything from walliworld but there is no durbality there

so what kind of wax you you recomend

i kinda not looking to spend $70 on a wax but if that is what you recomend for the best shine i will shell it out

-z

ScottB
05-25-2006, 07:10 PM
http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/167Jan19004.JPG
Souveran Paste on Silver

Let me first warn this is PERSONAL PREFERENCE:

I dont particularly like P21S/S100. It beads well, but contains alot of beeswax which does nothing for the paint, it just makes it bead well. Easy to use but no-where near Souveran. Souveran is hands down still the best looking carnuaba, and so easy to use.

Durability and carnuabas are not necessarily words that should be used together. While carnuabas offer superior looks through depth and wetness, they are relatively short lived products. Under 8 weeks. You should look to a paint sealant for longer protection, or use something like Crystal Mist from Pinnacle after each wash to keep a carnuaba going as long as possible.

As for silver and greys .... I find that three paint sealants look well on it. Wolfgang, Klasse Twins, and Four Starr UPP (oh how I miss the') . These will offer 12 weeks of protection and offer gloss and reflection. I find most/all paint sealants slightly sterile so I use alot of gloss additives weekly. Clearkote Quikshine , Finish Kare 425, Sonus Spritz, and Four Starr Gloss Enhancer.

NissanOwner
05-26-2006, 06:24 AM
What about Souveran wax and Signature Series II wax?

What is the major difference between these 2, why do you need both lines?

ScottB
05-26-2006, 06:16 PM
What about Souveran wax and Signature Series II wax?

What is the major difference between these 2, why do you need both lines?

IMO you dont .... I use Souveran on anything and any color. Souveran is the best of the best, but you gotta accept the pricing and its durability. Just like all products, you must understand the weaknesses and benefits, then use what fits your personal wants.