PDA

View Full Version : My shopping cart and some Q's

Pages : [1] 2

Skimmer0220
03-08-2013, 12:18 PM
So I'm going to be putting in a large order to AG and wanted to see some of your thoughts on my order before I pull the trigger on it when the next 15% or 20% coupon comes out

Here's my cart

Shopping Cart
Microfiber Towel Super 6 Pack $29.99

Chemical Guys Maxi-Suds II SUPER SUDS SHAMPOO Superior Surface Shampoo 16 oz. $8.99

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash Red $12.99

Super Plush Deluxe Microfiber Kit $24.99

Diamondite® Glasswork System Kit for Hand Application $29.99

Mothers Contoured Tire Brush $5.99

The Grit Guard Insert - 2 Pack $17.99

Autogeek Squeeze Bottle $1.99 (love these)

Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish 16 oz. $27.99

Detailer's Interior Surface Protectant $15.99

Meguiars Gold Class Leather Kit $18.99

Chemical Guys Diablo Wheel Cleaner Gel Concentrate 16 oz. $16.99

Chemical Guys Speed Wipe Spray Anti-static Quick Detailer 16 oz. $8.99

Chemical Guys SoFast Odor Eater & Bacteria Killer 16oz. $8.99

Autogeek Detailer’s Bag $39.99

the total comes to $272.84

Now I'm not set in stone what I'm getting these are just the products that I'm thinking about, I'd like to keep it under $300 and the main thing I'm looking for is:
Detail Spray - CG Speed Wipe
Wax or Sealant - CG Black Light
New wash mit that wont scratch the paint - Super Plush Deluxe Microfiber Kit
Odor Eliminator - CG Odor Eater

So let me know if you guys would change anything or substitute a different product I open to all suggestions

jvs1991
03-08-2013, 01:49 PM
I'd get the mothers brush set instead of just the tire brush. It includes three brushes (tire brush being one of them) for 15 bucks

Skimmer0220
03-08-2013, 02:02 PM
I'd get the mothers brush set instead of just the tire brush. It includes three brushes (tire brush being one of them) for 15 bucks

I have the other two brushes in the bundle haha

Sent from space through a satellite

DEXTERITY
03-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Have you found a way to not get your shopping cart to disappear after a few weeks?

jvs1991
03-08-2013, 02:12 PM

Skimmer0220
03-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Have you found a way to not get your shopping cart to disappear after a few weeks?

No it disappears but I are everything to my wish list so I can remember what to get

Skimmer0220
03-09-2013, 02:14 AM
Bump anything people would change?

Colinpd137
03-09-2013, 02:15 AM
The squeeze bottles.. I liked them at first but those red caps drive me insane. Get the "pull-top" version of the squeeze bottles, you'll never look back.

Wolfgang Squeeze Bottle, dispenser (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-squeeze-bottles.html)

Plus since its 25% off, there the same price!

vegas911gts
03-09-2013, 02:50 AM
So I'm going to be putting in a large order to AG and wanted to see some of your thoughts on my order before I pull the trigger on it when the next 15% or 20% coupon comes out

Here's my cart

Shopping Cart
Microfiber Towel Super 6 Pack $29.99

Chemical Guys Maxi-Suds II SUPER SUDS SHAMPOO Superior Surface Shampoo 16 oz. $8.99

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash Red $12.99

Super Plush Deluxe Microfiber Kit $24.99

Diamondite® Glasswork System Kit for Hand Application $29.99

Mothers Contoured Tire Brush $5.99

The Grit Guard Insert - 2 Pack $17.99

Autogeek Squeeze Bottle $1.99 (love these)

Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish 16 oz. $27.99

Detailer's Interior Surface Protectant $15.99

Meguiars Gold Class Leather Kit $18.99

Chemical Guys Diablo Wheel Cleaner Gel Concentrate 16 oz. $16.99

Chemical Guys Speed Wipe Spray Anti-static Quick Detailer 16 oz. $8.99

Chemical Guys SoFast Odor Eater & Bacteria Killer 16oz. $8.99

Autogeek Detailer’s Bag $39.99

the total comes to $272.84

Now I'm not set in stone what I'm getting these are just the products that I'm thinking about, I'd like to keep it under $300 and the main thing I'm looking for is:
Detail Spray - CG Speed Wipe
Wax or Sealant - CG Black Light
New wash mit that wont scratch the paint - Super Plush Deluxe Microfiber Kit
Odor Eliminator - CG Odor Eater

So let me know if you guys would change anything or substitute a different product I open to all suggestions

I'm waiting for the next 15 or 20% code too.

cg black light isn't a sealant. It's more of a glaze. You have to top it with a wax or sealant. Many people spray cg v7 over it and it does look shiny, but it won't last that long.

vegas911gts
03-09-2013, 04:02 AM
And get a carpro mitt. It's super soft and won't scratch paint.

Merck
03-09-2013, 07:44 AM
The micro chenille mits are buy one get one free right now. I just got a gold plush and a black onyx one.

Skimmer0220
03-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Did not know the cg black light was more of a glaze, what would you recommend for a sealant or wax, I have Meg's high tech yellow wax and I'm pleased with it but I'd like to try something new at a reasonable price also how's the black light compared to the cg regular glaze?

Also do you have a link to the easy mit? I tried searching for it and couldn't really find anything

And thanks for the suggestion on the squeeze bottle ill have to change that out

vegas911gts
03-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Did not know the cg black light was more of a glaze, what would you recommend for a sealant or wax, I have Meg's high tech yellow wax and I'm pleased with it but I'd like to try something new at a reasonable price also how's the black light compared to the cg regular glaze?

Also do you have a link to the easy mit? I tried searching for it and couldn't really find anything

And thanks for the suggestion on the squeeze bottle ill have to change that out

Black light is better than every glaze I've tried. It's not a pure glaze. Like many cg products, no one really knows what every product is. I would top with cg pete's 53 or even better would be cg 5050.

Get the carpro mitt. It's merino wool just like the dodo juice wookie fist mitt, but smaller. And smaller is better because the wookie's fist is just too big and heavy. It's the softest material you can get for a mitt.

Merino wool wash mitt, auto wash mitt, sheepskin wash mitt (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-wool-wash-mitt.html)

I would rather use cg citrus wash & gloss when you want a strong shampoo that can also be used for stripping wax or sealant in higher concentrations and mr pink for a sudsy soft maintenance wash shampoo that is safe on wax.

I also prefer brushes with boar's hair. My old one broke on me so I just ordered a set of raceglaze brushes. Probably will also get the af brushes when they are imported to the usa this month.

Skimmer0220
03-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Black light is better than every glaze I've tried. It's not a pure glaze. Like many cg products, no one really knows what every product is. I would top with cg pete's 53 or even better would be cg 5050.

Get the carpro mitt. It's merino wool just like the dodo juice wookie fist mitt, but smaller. And smaller is better because the wookie's fist is just too big and heavy. It's the softest material you can get for a mitt.

Merino wool wash mitt, auto wash mitt, sheepskin wash mitt (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-wool-wash-mitt.html)

I would rather use cg citrus wash & gloss when you want a strong shampoo that can also be used for stripping wax or sealant in higher concentrations and mr pink for a sudsy soft maintenance wash shampoo that is safe on wax.

I also prefer brushes with boar's hair. My old one broke on me so I just ordered a set of raceglaze brushes. Probably will also get the af brushes when they are imported to the usa this month.

Good stuff, ill deffinetly be making those changes to my order and ill have to make a decision on the waxs

Thanks for the help!

van185
03-09-2013, 11:28 AM
The Black Light is great stuff you can't go wrong with it. You will need to put some type of topper over it though. I have numerous Chemical Guy's products with the main reasons being price and the quality of products. I do not however like there wheel cleaners as mush as some others. I bought the Diablo and really did not like it. I treid Poorboy’s World Spray and Rinse and that is all that I use. You might want to consider soem V-7. Amazing stuff. As far as the Odor spray goes the Chemical Guys seem to be as good as any others. I have several of their scents. But if your looking for odor elimination the best that I've treid are the Dakota Brands. Just my opinions.